Author Topic: GB listings  (Read 1575 times)

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
GB listings
« on: August 02, 2018, 09:56:36 AM »
You may have noticed that the GB listings for the few countries that I could keep up with Albania, Romania, Special etc. are like 4 months past due.  Unfortunately, GB changed the format of their listings and it's no longer easy for me to pull the data into a spreadsheet to categorize and catalogue it.  The photos are no longer easy to save either as they are using some new .dms format which needs to be converted to a std .jpg or .gif in order to be viewed outside their website.  All in all, it's just no longer worth my time to try and keep up with things. 

I'll focus on getting the online Russian survey up so I can at least still collect data on the SKS45s, but the glory days of mass online data collection appear to be over.  cry1

Online Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
Re: GB listings
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2018, 11:40:02 PM »
Bummer.. :-\ no more Romanians to ogle over. Leave it to the GreedBroker to dick stuff up.
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2018, 01:11:42 AM »
Totally understandable that you’d discontinue these.

GunBroker: If it’s not broken, fix it until it is  bat1  :))

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2018, 10:22:18 AM »
Meh, it's ok, I was getting a bit depressed seeing so many once beautiful carbines that had been irreversibly bubbafied.  By the time I finally discontinued the Chinese, there were maybe only 50 as-issued or factory refurbed carbines out of 200 per month.  Pretty poor ratio and it was getting worse with each month!  cry2

I will say this for the rising SKS prices across the board that we've seen in the past 10 years....at some point, the SKS will stop being the gun of choice for bubba because generic run of the mill already bubba'd SKSs in fair condition prices will surpass brand new bottom of the line AR prices.  We're not quite there yet, but new gun laws (i.e. new AWB) and current laws in restrictive states notwithstanding, it's probably only a few years out I bet.

Online Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2018, 12:46:09 PM »
at some point, the SKS will stop being the gun of choice for bubba because generic run of the mill already bubba'd SKSs in fair condition prices will surpass brand new bottom of the line AR prices.

Price does not stop bubba..might slow him down a little, but, stop him, NEVER!!  Money is no object...  nea1 Just look how much money people throw at AR's and Ak's, some throw twice the $$$ in tackykool plastic, depleted fluted uranium barrels and other assundries than what they paid for the fricken thing new in the box.
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2018, 02:54:39 PM »
Meh, it's ok, I was getting a bit depressed seeing so many once beautiful carbines that had been irreversibly bubbafied.  By the time I finally discontinued the Chinese, there were maybe only 50 as-issued or factory refurbed carbines out of 200 per month.  Pretty poor ratio and it was getting worse with each month!  cry2

I feel your pain. I've had a saved search going for Chinese but it's annoying/depressing to get the emails and see the over-priced bubba'd, and bayonet missing or lug-neutered examples  banghead1 I guess it makes it easy to sort through the thumbnails and prices and select the one or two every other email that are actually worth clicking on the link.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2018, 04:15:15 PM »
 cry2 cry2

BRING IT BACK!

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.