Author Topic: List of Chinese Type 56 Importers  (Read 70917 times)

Offline firstchoice

• Ozarks Ridge Runner
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • "The Rolling W"-A.E.F. 89th Division-WW1-1917-1918
Re: List of Chinese Type 56 Importers
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2019, 07:12:34 PM »
RM,

In another aspect of the Chinese PU-Mounted rifles imported by KFS, I have an example with a fifth type of stamp from them. This was a barreled receiver with the PU Mount and Scope Mount included, along with the matching cut stock for the PU Mount. It was later purchased from me and built into a complete rifle by Greatguns

This gun actually has two import stamps on it. The one pictured above is between the stock flange and the rear sight block, hidden by the lower handguard of the stock. The one visable all the time is between the front sight block and the gas block.

I'm sorry I don't have a clear shot of the location of the "new" stamp, between the stock flange and the rear sight block. This is the pic that should have shown that, but came out blurred. You may be able to get a better pic from Greatguns, if he still owns the rifle.

firstchoice

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2019, 10:53:46 AM »
AAI #2, American Arms Inc. out of North Kansas City, Missouri:
AAI-NKC-MO
Type: Stamp
Notes: There simply has to be other information on one of these guns such as model designator, country of origin, and caliber *somewhere* on one of these.  Hopefully a better photo will show up someday.

How long ya waiting for pics?

Sino-Soviet E550x Lightly stamped Arsenal 26. Barrel marked SKS 7.62x39 mm MADE IN CHINA

Has a Chinese PU mount that other AAI-NKC-MO have from Google image searches. Google-fu showed this from sksboards about AAI-NKC-MO and having the PU mounts:

...one of two companies that installed the Chinese copy of the Mosin Nagant scope mount after import. The other was Kengs Firearms Specialties. -xxxsksakjoe

Been waiting since I generated this list.  If you have some you want to send, I'm happy to add them to this list!  thumb1

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2019, 10:55:28 AM »
Hey RM,

After looking at the previous post about the Importer out of North Kansas City;

AAI #1, American Arms Inc. out of North Kansas City, Missouri:

NORINCO 7.62 X 39 SKS
MADE IN CHINA, AAI NKC-MO

Type: Stamp
Notes:

That is a picture of a barreled receiver that I still own, if you need more pics or info on it?   Let me know...

firstchoice

Neat FC.  Looks like I didn't want to guess where on the recever this one was stamped.  Can you tell me where it is located: Left/Right, and then front/center/rear.

Thanks!

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2019, 10:59:49 AM »
RM,

In another aspect of the Chinese PU-Mounted rifles imported by KFS, I have an example with a fifth type of stamp from them. This was a barreled receiver with the PU Mount and Scope Mount included, along with the matching cut stock for the PU Mount. It was later purchased from me and built into a complete rifle by Greatguns

This gun actually has two import stamps on it. The one pictured above is between the stock flange and the rear sight block, hidden by the lower handguard of the stock. The one visable all the time is between the front sight block and the gas block.

I'm sorry I don't have a clear shot of the location of the "new" stamp, between the stock flange and the rear sight block. This is the pic that should have shown that, but came out blurred. You may be able to get a better pic from Greatguns, if he still owns the rifle.

firstchoice

Good stuff FC!  So am I correct in understanding that there are actually two distinct KFS stamps on the barrel on this one...both with overlapping information (one having a different order of info and one including the "Made in China" where the other one is only "China")?

Offline Larry D.

• Bitter, Clinging Deplorable
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Do the next right thing.
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2019, 07:25:59 PM »
Gotta say, that's about the nicest looking import mark I've seen.

Hard to believe you sold it. Must have been a tasty offer to let a cool variant like that go.
Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ
-------------------

Thou shalt not test me.
Mood 24:7

Offline Matchka

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2021, 02:56:49 PM »
RM, I'll go thru my paperwork as soon as I get back to the states. - I'll un-sock any 56 that's a suspect. Recall a Compasseco - might still be in my Chinese grabs.
Found info on my 'former' Compasseco. Sold it to a local guy 06/19. Serno is 9224914, 20" barrel. Wasn't #'s matching, missing bayo & cleaning rod when I got it. Called and left a message with the buyer - to try to get some pics.

Offline firstchoice

• Ozarks Ridge Runner
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2021, 07:14:21 PM »
RM, I ran across an interesting variation of the B-West #9 Import Stamp on a Gunbroker auction:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/892881019

"B-WEST" is inverted, for some reason. Just thought it was worth noting.

I know the auction pics will only be up for 90 days so I went ahead and uploaded them to my Photobucket and then to here.

If this has already been covered, feel free to delete the post.

firstchoice

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2021, 09:33:05 PM »
Neat one FC. Technically that’s a commercial chinese import stamp, but no I’ve never seen an inverted B-West stamp. Very neat!  thumb1

Offline Bubbazinetti

• MAGA Patriot
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Marksman
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2021, 07:40:06 PM »
That image on the receiver says "Sporter" but it's a 20" rifle. I thought all Type 56 Sporters were 16" carbines?
When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns.

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2021, 08:28:47 PM »
That image on the receiver says "Sporter" but it's a 20" rifle. I thought all Type 56 Sporters were 16" carbines?

All the Sporters imported by Labanu were 16", but this is a B-West and is not even on the list in the SKS Guide of commercial variants. Also of note besides the B-west being upside down is it doesn't state SKS just 'Sporter'. Add to the fact it is a DP with Changchun City stamp added.
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline sabinerat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2021, 01:19:52 PM »
here is the Ming Long

clavier visuel en ligne

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2021, 11:29:07 PM »
Nice. Best one I’ve seen yet of this importer!  thumb1

I’ll incorporate that one into this list. Thanks!

Offline firstchoice

• Ozarks Ridge Runner
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2021, 12:08:46 AM »
RM, I ran across an interesting variation of the B-West #9 Import Stamp on a Gunbroker auction:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/892881019

"B-WEST" is inverted, for some reason. Just thought it was worth noting.

I know the auction pics will only be up for 90 days so I went ahead and uploaded them to my Photobucket and then to here.

If this has already been covered, feel free to delete the post.

firstchoice

Neat one FC. Technically that’s a commercial Chinese import stamp, but no I’ve never seen an inverted B-West stamp. Very neat!  thumb1

RM, were you saying that the B-West stamp is a commercial stamp only or that the B-West SKS shown is a commercial model? If so, are all DP's considered to be commercial?   (Sometimes I need a refresher course.  thumb1 )

firstchoice

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2021, 12:06:43 PM »
FC, the photo doesn't show here at work (we have photobucket stopped at the firewall as they are a security risk apparently).
When I get home I'll look at it again and try and remember why I made that curious comment.  I can't remember at the moment which is not surprising seeing how many times I've slept since February 21st.  chuckles1

B-West did import some commercial guns, but a good many of them were plane Jane 20.5" standard type 56's.  They did stamp "Sporter" on a good many if not all of their imports.  Many people get wrapped around the axle with that little word.  Hopefully I didn't, but honestly it wouldn't be the first time (nor the last time) I'd be wrong!  rofl2

Offline firstchoice

• Ozarks Ridge Runner
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2021, 08:26:21 AM »
Thanks RM!  Photobucket is a sanity risk!  chuckles1  I keep with them because I have soooo many pics uploaded on their site. But it's always a challenge.

firstchoice

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2021, 01:36:48 PM »
Yup definitely brain fart there on my part FC. I got taken in by the banana mag and the sporter text instead of really looking at the gun more than two seconds.

Std. type 56, aftermarket mag.

Thanks for keeping me honest!! thumb1

Offline firstchoice

• Ozarks Ridge Runner
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2021, 03:43:37 AM »
I was just corn-fused, RM.   ???  :-\  I thought I knew what it was, but I try to defer to you guys that have pulled in all the data. And when that doesn't compute, I get/go/gone crazy.  chuckles1  (I hope that isn't how Jimmy was "born"!  chuckles1 )  Come on GM, you know it's possible! 

firstchoice 

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2023, 12:23:30 AM »
Hey RM, I have a new GBE Import stamp for you. This is a /26\ arsenal 12M 1967 and the stamp is different than the 6 you have listed on the first post. Here's a pic. I just bought it so I won't get it until next week. It looks like the SN was re-stamped like it was scrubbed then new numbers put on after the 12 on the SN. All other parts are scrubbed.

My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2023, 08:57:54 AM »
Nice one GG. I’ll see about updating the list soon!  thumb1

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #59 on: July 04, 2023, 11:48:42 PM »
Hey RM, I found another one for you. This is for that #45 Compasseco Import stamp you need pics for, except what I see is the SKS 7.62x39MM line is on the left (Still upside-down though) and the other line is on the right. Also, it is an /?5\ arsenal (What I think is /0406\)

Pics below

COMPASSECO #1:
SKS 7.62x39MM MADE IN CHINA BY <right side, upside down>
NORINCO COMPASSECO BARDSTOWN KY
Type: Unknown
Notes: I have some horrible quality photos of this one but I’m still looking for a nice clear one for this guide.