Author Topic: Early Refurbished Tula  (Read 7515 times)

Online Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
Re: Early Refurbished Tula
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2019, 09:41:08 AM »
Awesome!

You did very well didn't ya!!   I bet that laminate looks incredible in person...they photograph so shyly more often than not...given a little sunlight and they blossom with color and 'pop'. Getting a photo to capture it is like trying to take a polaroid of a lenticular trading card though...usually. Yet yours manages to look fantastic even in pictures.

Since the Prince jokes have already been covered I will leave that alone. As poorly listed as it was I am surprised they didn't say it was a 1999 Norinco.

What's the word on your magazine...is it a USA stamped one?  Have you played around with it yet....found a victim to wear it? You'd be surprised how difficult it is to count to thirty when you are used to a base 10 magazine.  chuckles1

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2019, 10:34:30 AM »
congrats! doesn't get any better. i would be a happy camper too.  thumb1

Thanks Carl!

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2019, 10:45:46 AM »
Thanks Justin! Yes, the sun makes it really glow.  8) The finish has very few and very small dings. I contemplated selling it since I already have an as-issued 1951, but it’s too darn good looking to let go of it :)

The dingbats packaging my lot failed to include the magazine. They printed a separate USPS shipping label for the magazine (why?) and charged me for it but they affixed both shipping labels to the box for the carbine.  silly1 doh1  rofl

Email to be sent.  fineprint

Offline scottyB

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2019, 04:17:18 PM »
Thats nice, congrats!

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2019, 05:45:45 PM »

Online Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2019, 10:37:15 AM »
If they managed to lose the mag, tell 'em it was a valuable mag you had ready to sell to me for fifty bucks...between that and the shipping for it...(what a joke btw)....you can even sweeten the deal more!

I also suggest you have fun with her for a spell, and pass her on to me in a couple years...I'll start a piggy bank now. :)

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2019, 03:22:56 PM »
If they managed to lose the mag, tell 'em it was a valuable mag you had ready to sell to me for fifty bucks...between that and the shipping for it...(what a joke btw)....you can even sweeten the deal more!

rofl good plan. I asked for the mag shipped free and a refund on the ~$3 shipping for the mag...that didn't get shipped  bat1 :)) Hopefully they'll do the right thing.

I also suggest you have fun with her for a spell, and pass her on to me in a couple years...I'll start a piggy bank now. :)

Also a good plan (or not). I think that bar frequented by the Pony Express riders that always lose GM's shipments is near you. Maybe you'll have better luck getting my shipments  ;)

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2019, 11:44:09 AM »
Could it be from the Albanian imports, with a "M56 MADE IN CHINA" import stamp?

Re your earlier question: