Author Topic: GB listings for August, 2015 - Special  (Read 3206 times)

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
GB listings for August, 2015 - Special
« on: September 10, 2015, 01:35:25 PM »
One lonely papered Type 56 this month.  Why is this in the trinity rifles section?  Hey it's got to go somewhere, and occasionally there are EG, NK, & NVA guns in this list ;)

Item Link   Description   # Bids   Final Price   Model   Arsenal Condition   Current Condition   RM's Notes

496182222   SKS ChiCom VietNam War Bringback! W/Document Rare Vietnam War SKS With Paperwork & Case   8   $899.00    Chinese w/Papers   As-Issued   Good   Something's rotten in Denmark.  I can't quite put my finger on it, but something is simply not right with this one.  When I get the heebie-jeebies like this it's a good idea to stay away from tossing anything above market price for a std 10 mil /26\ out on it.  $899 is ridiculous.   First of all the 'papers' aren't a DD-603.  Second, they are photocopied (and not terribly well either) and could easily be forgeries.  Third, WTF is this rifle doing in a Navy arms trasit case?  Fourth, why the heck is there so much finish wear on the bolt carrier and receiver cover, yet the magazine looks brand new?!  Fifth, no import marks...seriously Sherlock?  You need to add that to a 'bringback with papers' auction?  No, there are enough authentic (or at least more authentic) examples of VN bringback Type 56s out there that I'd have passed this one at that opening price in a New York minute.  I'm almost regretting putting this gun in the special section, but the price would skew the regular Chinese section, and truly, the 'papers' and seller's story are what sold this gun.  Maybe I'm being too hard on the seller, but man something's just not right here....

Offline Power Surge

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Commercial dude
Re: GB listings for August, 2015 - Special
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 01:45:58 PM »
Someone definitely drank the cool aid on that one. I laughed my ass off when I first read him talk about the case, lol.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2015, 03:31:48 PM »
Put it with the rest if the chinese.   :)whistle12

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Saigon1965

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Cadet
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2015, 08:06:08 PM »
I don't feel good on the papers - Though it is a copy I just don't feel good at all -

The mag is OK in my book - It's the lighting that is showing the finish to be much better than rest of gun -

I do buy stories but it have got to be much better than this one -