Author Topic: Trade for Albanian 561  (Read 135 times)

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
Trade for Albanian 561
« on: April 26, 2024, 06:41:16 PM »
Okay guys, I am looking at working a local deal on what will be my first ever actual Albanian SKS. Not the best condition, but looks decent. The stock has been camo painted, but I can probably fix that (if I have a mind to). Has the bayonet and cleaning rod, but no kit in the butt. Would probably like to find an Albanian kit, sling, and chest rig to go with it.
I am not up on Albanian SKSs and for as many years as I have collected and worked on them, I have never handled, worked on, nor owned an actual Albanian made SKS. This is NOT a prime specimen, but most(if not all) the numbers match and looks to be a complete-able unit.

Anyway, below are some pics and the guy is asking $600 with possible trade fodder in the works. Question is a simple yay or nay as to get it or not along with any thoughts and opinions you may have. Here are the pics I have from the seller.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2024, 03:08:43 PM by Greatguns »
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
Re: Poosible Albanian Purchase
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2024, 11:47:51 AM »
Seems a bit high with the damaged (painted) stock. It CZ be stripped and shellacked but it can’t be made original again. That’d be a definite bargaining point if I was after it.

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Sniper
Re: Poosible Albanian Purchase
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2024, 12:07:13 PM »
FYI: I looked at GunBroker completed sales on original Albanian SKSs and they run from $705-1125 with a ballpark average around $900.

Saw one Albanian stock set that sold for $170.

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
Re: Trade for Albanian 561
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2024, 03:17:18 PM »
FYI: I looked at GunBroker completed sales on original Albanian SKSs and they run from $705-1125 with a ballpark average around $900.

Saw one Albanian stock set that sold for $170.

Yeah, I did the same. I did make the trade BTW. I took a bore light with me, the bore is good and the bolt and stock match the rest of the rifle. It just needs the correct cleaning kit, sling, and maybe a chest rig to be complete. After that it's just deciding on whether to redo the stock or leave it. Here's a few more pics. So, RM, I think this is a new number for you #01638-68

My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2024, 06:11:57 PM »
If it was mine, I wouldn’t be able to get the paint stripper on it fast enough  :))

Nice that it has matching numbers. A mix of amber and some garnet shellac flakes in denatured alcohol would be my approach to getting that Albanian orange.

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2024, 11:53:37 PM »
Yeah I agree with P32.  Get that rattle can job off that stock as soon as you can.  That carbine is going to look amazing when you are all done I suspect.

Good luck on the kit (and oil bottle) and sling, they truly are a tough find nowadays. 

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2024, 11:51:55 AM »
I thought of a follow up question on the accessories. With Albania being in close proximity to Yugoslavia and other Soviet influenced countries and having received Chinese SKSs, if an Albanian SKS was to get a sling replacement "in the field", would it most likely be Chinese, Russian, or Yugoslavian? I'm thinking, with the Chinese contract they possibly received a bunch of spare parts, etc. so a Chinese sling would be more feasible than the other 2, but any of the three is possible. Thoughts?

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2024, 06:16:48 PM »
I've seen lots of Chinese kit on Albanian 561s, especially the spring coiled slings. dntknw1  One or two Yugo slings too, but these days they are as hard to find as the Alby stuff IMO.

Can't say I've ever seen a Russian sling on an Alby. 

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2024, 10:04:34 PM »
I got it figured out. I have a Chinese contract to Albania sling with Albanian language writing on it on the way along with a cleaning kit that has the correct internal parts and an Albanian Chest rig. All I need now is the oil tube.  :)

Offline Direct Connection

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Marksman
  • California is where reality goes to die.
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2024, 09:19:28 PM »
Thats not a bad deal at all I have a like new wooden handguard for it if the HG is not ilegal to ship out of California rofl

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2024, 11:07:28 AM »
Thats not a bad deal at all I have a like new wooden handguard for it if the HG is not ilegal to ship out of California rofl

I'll keep you in mind if I end up putting a replacement stock on it. I do have a line on one that is sans HG.