Author Topic: NVA from a Reddit post  (Read 397 times)

Offline Matchka

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sharp-Shooter
NVA from a Reddit post
« on: September 14, 2023, 05:39:35 AM »

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
Re: NVA from a Reddit post
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2023, 08:46:35 AM »
Thanks for the tip Matchka!  Unfortunately the lack of the full S/N and the abundance of photoshopping means this one is useless for the database. It very well might be legit, or it might be something totally different.

I don’t get xxing out NVA serial numbers. Are they worried someone will match the numbers with an import list?  Not like this carbine will see the light of day out at the range on a monthly basis either.   dntknw1

Offline Matchka

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2023, 05:47:37 PM »
JH is on Reddit, maybe he could check in with the OP and tip off the OP about the Files, or cajole the serno and some more pics outta the dude?

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2023, 07:14:30 PM »
Ahh this was from surplused_arsenal.  he posted them here a while ago (https://sks-files.com/index.php?topic=6720.msg74501#msg74501).  I suspect it's legit.  I don't have this one in the database.  Last 62 prefixed carbine I have is 620096.  So if the photoshopping didn't muck with the 6300 portion, it's 630097, 98 or 99. :))  Maybe I'll email him and ask him to send me an unaltered photo.  thumb1

Offline Matchka

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2023, 06:46:16 AM »
I reached out to him on Reddit and asked him to post here with more pics and info that'd help with the database. A follow-up email from you might help. P.s. I didn't know that he's already a member after I made a pitch to him to join!  rofl