Author Topic: AR build in 7.62x39, What's better?  (Read 1359 times)

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
AR build in 7.62x39, What's better?
« on: May 13, 2021, 01:30:30 PM »
So thinking about an AR build with a x39 upper cause I can't seem to find my desired Ranch Rifle bolt action.

Anyway, how does the side charging handle setup work compared to the traditional AR style charging setup as concerns reliability, ease of use, etc.?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 01:40:14 PM by Greatguns »
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline sksmcrossvilletn

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Marksman
Re: AR build in 7.62x39, What's better?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2022, 05:37:21 PM »
So thinking about an AR build with a x39 upper cause I can't seem to find my desired Ranch Rifle bolt action.

Anyway, how does the side charging handle setup work compared to the traditional AR style charging setup as concerns reliability, ease of use, etc.?

Go with a psa ks47. I built one once and had no issues out of it. I ran cproducts defense mags.

My KS47 has a Spikes t2 buffer and spring, Larue mbt2s trigger, red x extended firing pin, strike industries forward assist, etc

Online 1mlt

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Marksman
Re: AR build in 7.62x39, What's better?
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2022, 09:10:15 PM »
I have both. I like both. They both shoot well, no probs EVER. I have two uppers and 2 lowers, works great. I can see two uppers and one lower as well.
There is but one language in the USA, English.
Teddy R.