Author Topic: Shorty followed me home  (Read 842 times)

Online Papahound

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Rifleman
Shorty followed me home
« on: February 11, 2023, 03:35:08 PM »
Went to a local gun show today and found this shorty ; all numbers appear to match accept the duck bill mags that Bubba added : (

The dealer called it a paratrooper ? ?

Nice addition to the family ; should make a great shooter !

Online echo1

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
Re: Shorty followed me home
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2023, 03:50:55 PM »
Nice, I luvs me some Paratrooper. Stock mag works bestest. Bayo is on upside down. PAX
  You need a crew  

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),
But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

Online Papahound

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Rifleman
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2023, 06:07:44 PM »
Nice, I luvs me some Paratrooper. Stock mag works bestest. Bayo is on upside down. PAX

Thanks for the heads up on the bayo , it痴 out in the shop and I値l correct that later .
Went to a auction site and looked at some box mags - yikes I got sticker shock : (

Use to get the whole rifle cheaper that what a mag is selling for , times have really changed .. I値l just use the duck bill for now and keep my eye open for a box mag at a cheaper price

Offline Bacarnal

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • SQUIRREL!!! Camp Lejuene Water Survivor.
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2023, 01:48:54 PM »
I'll see what I've got tomorrow.  Drop me a PM. thumb1

Online Papahound

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Rifleman
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2023, 02:07:20 PM »

Thanks for the heads up on the bayo , it痴 out in the shop and I値l correct that later .
Went to a auction site and looked at some box mags - yikes I got sticker shock : (

Use to get the whole rifle cheaper that what a mag is selling for , times have really changed .. I値l just use the duck bill for now and keep my eye open for a box mag at a cheaper price

I checked out the bayo today and everything appears OK
It folds out and attaches to the barrel like it should

It is attached like the rest of my spikes , either they are all correct or they are all wrong , I知 just gonna leave it there !

Papa

Online echo1

• Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2023, 05:56:28 PM »

It is attached like the rest of my spikes , either they are all correct or they are all wrong , I知 just gonna leave it there !

Papa

Yeah, it's wrong. The single edge goes up into the ferrule groove. PAX

Should look like this (courtesy of Lowkeyed). Zoom in you'll see

You need a crew  

But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

Online Papahound

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Rifleman
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2023, 07:51:44 PM »

Papa

Yeah, it's wrong. The single edge goes up into the ferrule groove. PAX

Should look like this (courtesy of Lowkeyed). Zoom in you'll see

Thanks - I got it changed , no problem !
My other spike is also on incorrect due to the fact that Bubba added a plastic stock and had to flip it around to accommodate the stock , I知 OK with that .. it痴 just a shooter ,

Another day - another learning curve : )
Thanks again !

Online echo1

• Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2023, 08:51:55 PM »
I don't think a guy on the receiving end would care. PAX
  You need a crew  

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2023, 08:59:43 PM »
Hey Papahound, even though echo1 is correct, keep in mind that some paratrooper bayonets don't sit flat when installed properly. I have one that hits the stock and thus, sticks out a little when folded. I have actually been thinking about flipping it so it lays flatter. If that happens, and you don't like the look that way you can turn it back the way it is. Not a big deal since it's really a commercial variation and not a milsurp rifle.

BTW, did you come up with a box mag for it yet?

My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline Direct Connection

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Marksman
  • California is where reality goes to die.
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2023, 09:10:36 PM »
Love it ! Didn't take you long to get it out for some action. Good deal looks good

Online Papahound

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Rifleman
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2023, 10:12:34 PM »
Hey Papahound, even though echo1 is correct, keep in mind that some paratrooper bayonets don't sit flat when installed properly. I have one that hits the stock and thus, sticks out a little when folded. I have actually been thinking about flipping it so it lays flatter. If that happens, and you don't like the look that way you can turn it back the way it is. Not a big deal since it's really a commercial variation and not a milsurp rifle.

BTW, did you come up with a box mag for it yet?

Thanks
I put in a 10 round Pmag and it  , fits good and functions flawlessly , just gonna leave it like that for now - I did get a good deal and it does make a nice addition to the pile

It should make a good shooter ; )