Author Topic: Questions on an H&R 904 Target  (Read 408 times)

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
Questions on an H&R 904 Target
« on: January 14, 2023, 04:24:54 PM »
Wasn't sure whether to put this here or in the rimfire section, but...
I acquired, in a trade a while back, an H&R 904 target 9 shot DA revolver in .22LR. I have always wanted something like this, but have never been into revolvers. I looked up the SN and it appears to be a 1984 model year and seems to have good lock up. Besides the normal "what's it worth" type questions, I also am wondering about whether I can shoot HV ammo out of it or not? I know some older .22LR firearms shouldn't shoot HV with some even stating on the barrels to shoot standard velocity ammo only. This has no stamping to that effect nor is it really that old so am thinking I'll be okay, but wanted to ask and give a little show and tell.
FYI, this is the first Model 904 Target I have ever seen. It is a swing out cylinder as opposed to the drop outs of the 922 type SA revolvers or the break open style of the 999 Sportsman type. The pics, of course, show ever micro defect, but it looks a lot better in person. Also, thinking about refinishing the grips vs. trying to find replacements?

Here's a few pics;

« Last Edit: January 14, 2023, 04:40:00 PM by Greatguns »
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
Re: Questions on an H&R 904 Target
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2023, 05:27:10 PM »
Nice... HV wont hurt it... the 904 was available in 22wmr as well, far as I know... and remember it just used the different cylinder. I have an H&R Sportsman and a SSA H&R I have shot many cylinders of Minimags from with no issues.. thumb1
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Online echo1

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
Re: Questions on an H&R 904 Target
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2023, 07:05:19 PM »
I too have a 999 Sportsman that's great. Who knows what they'll bring these days. PAX
  You need a crew  

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),
But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798