Author Topic: No5 Mk I for sale locally  (Read 755 times)

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
No5 Mk I for sale locally
« on: February 04, 2021, 02:01:20 PM »
I thought this might interest someone (Jon, LOL) so am posting it. If anyone is interested I would be willing to help facilitate the deal.

Lee Enfield No5 Mk I Jungle Carbine that looks to be complete sans bayonet. http://www.mwguntrader.com/viewad.asp?id=50280690456112907

For those that don't want to click on the link, I added pics here. The KOYLI in the first pic he says stands for Kings Own Yorkshire Light Infantry. Having grown up in England, I can at least say, that sounds correct. His price is $600, I would buy it, but Jungle Carbines just aren't...wait for it...my cup of tea.  chuckles1

My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline Larry D.

• Bitter, Clinging Deplorable
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Do the next right thing.
Re: No5 Mk I for sale locally
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2021, 01:08:30 AM »
Pictures aren't working for me.

Years back, I had a couple of jungle carbines. One original Fazakerley and one Santa Fe.
Shot the crap out of the repop and saved the Faz for the safe.

They certainly have the cool factor going for them, but the full sized rifles were better shooters for me.
Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ
-------------------

Thou shalt not test me.
Mood 24:7

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2021, 01:25:09 AM »
The recoil pad does nothing for the recoil  rofl  Not a bad price. thumb1
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2021, 05:41:04 AM »
Looks like one of the imports from Malaysia. The 1st KOYLI were one of the units involved in the Malay Emergency and perhaps they ended up supplying some of the arms to the Malaysians. I’ve never seen any LE unit marked like that before and I don’t know what the R means. The only mention of an R in Skennerton’s book is for an R on the barrel knox form indicating rust in the chamber.

If the barrel and bolt match the receiver that’s good, if the foreend and magazine match even better. If it has a good bore and functions in all other ways then that’s a good price these days. It’d be either a Fazakerley, ROF(F); or a BSA-Shirley, M47C.