Author Topic: Help ID sks sling  (Read 12750 times)

Offline usmc25

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
Re: Help ID sks sling
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2017, 05:50:51 PM »
That link you posted Grease monkey wasn't even close to the one i have. No disrespect you never seen one before , you  thought it was a modified Mosin sling.

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2017, 06:29:04 PM »
Well, then copy and paste the link you have.. the search terms you posted

Rare SURPLUS ORIGINAL VIETNAM WAR CHINESE ARMY THICK CANVAS SKS AK SLING OLD
thats what came up when plugged into google.. as seen here..  you said
I try but it won't let me ,post the image.  If you want to see the ad , just type in the ad word for word you should find it.

So I entered "your" ad words...
Rare SURPLUS ORIGINAL VIETNAM WAR CHINESE ARMY THICK CANVAS SKS AK SLING OLD

Link to Goggle with "your" above search terms...
https://www.google.com/#q=Rare+SURPLUS+ORIGINAL+VIETNAM+WAR+CHINESE+ARMY+THICK+CANVAS+SKS+AK+SLING+OLD

Which Google search shows these and more like it, this is what was found...
Rare SURPLUS ORIGINAL VIETNAM WAR CHINESE ARMY THICK ...
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/74590937554146764/
You visited this page on 5/21/17.
OLD SURPLUS VIETNAM WAR CHINESE ARMY CANVAS SKS AK SLING ... ORIGINAL SURPLUS CHINESE TYPE 56 AK HEAVY CANVAS SLING TWO ...
old surplus vietnam war chinese army canvas sks ak sling ... - Pinterest
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/74590937554745329/
Rare SURPLUS ORIGINAL VIETNAM WAR CHINESE ARMY THICK CANVAS SKS AK SLING OLD. from eBay · SURPLUS VIETNAM WAR CHINESE TYPE 54 ...
OLD SURPLUS VIETNAM WAR CHINESE ARMY CANVAS SKS AK ...
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/74590937554745335/
Rare SURPLUS ORIGINAL VIETNAM WAR CHINESE ARMY THICK CANVAS SKS AK SLING OLD. from eBay · OLD SURPLUS VINTAGE CHINESE TYPE 59 ...
Vietnam Sling | eBay
www.ebay.com/bhp/vietnam-sling
This sling is made of the thicker nylon that takes shape when you bend it. Old Vietnam Era Chinese Army Canvas Type56 Sling Used on SWEDISH K M45 .... USGI Original M1 Garand Rifle Sling, Korean /Vietnam war Era, 1903a1 USMC, Army ... VIETNAM WAR SURPLUS CHINESE PLA TYPE 56 CANVAS SKS AK SLING ...
Original Vietnam War Personal & Field Gear | eBay
www.ebay.com › ... › Original Vietnam War Personal & Field Gear
Rating: 5 - ‎3 reviews
SURPLUS ORIGINAL VIETNAM WAR BANDOLIER CHINESE TYPE 56 AK CHEST RIG AMMO POUCH. $11.19 .... RARE ISSUE POUCHES THAT SAW SOME LIMITED ISSUE IN VIETNAM. ... All are in used condition and over 40 years old. ... US Military Issue Vietnam Era Canvas Pistol Belt Suspenders Field Gear Lot.
Sks Leather Sling. Fits Chinese Sks. Used Surplus. 7.62X39 • $11.99 ...
https://picclick.com/Sks-Leather-Sling-Fits-Chinese-Sks-Used-Surplus-302193103923...
Original Surplus Chinese PLA canvas Field Gear SKS AK Sling-B1058. $7.99 Buy ... Surplus Vietnam War Chinese China Army 56 A-k Pla Leather Sks Ak Sling.
Old Vietnam Era Chinese Army Canvas Type56 Sling AK Sling ...
https://picclick.com/Old-Vietnam-Era-Chinese-Army-Canvas-Type56-Sling-3316106...
Old Vietnam Era Chinese Army Canvas Type56 Sling AK Sling Adjustable Sling-D910 ... Surplus Vietnam War Chinese China Army 56 A-k Pla Leather Sks Ak Sling .... Vintage Original Vietnam War M5 Field Medical Medic Bag..RARE. $175.00 or Best Offer 25d .... Us Army Heavy Duty Poncho Od Green Vietnam Era 1963.
Surplus Vietnam War Chinese Army Pla Type 56 A-K Leather Sling ...
https://picclick.com/Surplus-Vietnam-War-Chinese-Army-Pla-Type-56-32089941134...
Surplus Vietnam War Chinese China Army 56 A-k Pla Leather Sks Ak Sling ... Vietnam War Surplus Chinese Pla Type 56 Canvas Sks Ak Sling Rifle Sling ... Old Vietnam War ERA US Army USMC 1967 Combat Field Pack Butt Pack W R Suspenders ... Rare Original US Army USMC Vietnam War M16 Web Gear Belt.

And it was not only with me, but another member as well apparently had the same findings.
Same here.   :-\

Without a link or something more definitive, maybe clearer search terms, something.. it's anyones guess.

And no disrespect to you. If you go back and look, it's not only just me whos first though was, it was a Mosin sling.

I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2017, 06:34:38 PM »
I guess I'm still in the dark as to what it is because Pinterest is just a pic housing deal and dont exactly say what rifle its for.  :-\

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2017, 06:52:31 PM »
Ok...screw it..... I do it my way with my search terms.. challenge GM's Gogglefu, do we.. :) thumb1

http://www.mosinnagant.net/ussr/RussianandComBlocslings3.asp

Chinese SKS slings. A rare late 1960's version top with strap and buckle attachment points retained by "D" rings front and back. Simple zinc buckles are used. The strap attachments are retained by a single rivet. The bottom is the typical T-56 style sling used by China. A rear swivel was utilized and the sling fed back through the green painted zinc buckle to attach on the forward sling point with a small leather strap doubled back over itself.  The forward "D" ring that retains the front leather strap is green painted as well. This is the most common style sling seen on the SKS rifles in the US and is a typical sling set up for the T-56.

Now how rare... considering that page was updated in '08-'09 timeframe, about 10 years ago... how many hundreds have sold on Ebay and other places since..
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2017, 07:19:30 PM »
Late chinese eh...   Imma get one.  Watch me.   rofl

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline gregsthe1

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rifleman
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2017, 01:35:57 PM »
It's just an odd variant of the Type 53 sling. I've seen a few that came back from Vietnam. I had one with the odd leather/buckle on one end and a standard SKS leather tab on the other end, it was clearly a field job.

Here is one for sale on a cool site with nothing but bring back items: https://enemymilitaria.com/product/chicom-type-53-north-vietnamese-army-viet-cong-k-44-sling/

If you haven't browsed it before it's worth a look...

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2017, 08:42:45 PM »
To rich for Cannon blood.    :))

Offline spongemonkey

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Marksman
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2017, 08:56:38 PM »
To rich for Cannon blood.    :))

Way too rich for this Monkey blood also!

Offline Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2017, 09:27:21 AM »
That would look sooooo very cool on my T53.

But, IIRC....that was the same price that the gun had on it when I parlayed it into a swap....I will have to be on the lookout for an uninformed seller.

so...too rich for Hell Blood?

That sounds like a very bad band name...  :))

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2017, 10:45:37 AM »
Yikes, neat stuff, but their prices appear to have a big finder fee tacked on  bat1

Offline monkeyboy

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2017, 07:25:34 PM »
Hi guys i have a 6 digit ghost Chinese sks that came with this sling , but can't find any information on it . Thanks

Your sling is a great find! It's a legit Chinese variation. I have a new one dated 1959 intended for a Type 56 weapon, which of course, Mosins are not, so it isn't a Mosin sling.

It most likely came out of Albania with the latest influx of Chinese SKS's.

I'd be very interested in it if you wanna part with it. Jon