Author Topic: "Egyptian Contract" Chinese SKS info and value?  (Read 17139 times)

Offline CuSks

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Cadet
Re: "Egyptian Contract" Chinese SKS info and value?
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2016, 08:50:32 PM »
Alright, here we go....

Found this marking interesting…

Another shot

Interesting, probably just a handling mark

What I though was sand last night.  I think it’s just residue from the stock being cut.

In all her glory

Other pics…

http://s1156.photobucket.com/user/arms_357/slideshow/EgyptianContract

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2016, 12:28:05 AM »
Looks fantastic man...

We see these marks on the Chinese sks and other (sometimes similar) markings on other nations at that receiver location, but we really dont know what they mean. Some indication gleamed from the russian sks indicate similarities to marks found on Mosins etc however I cannot recall exactly what they are believed to be.

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline CuSks

• Cadet
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2016, 09:53:43 PM »
Yeah I have noticed the markings on the left side of the receiver/ barrel but not so much on the right hand side.  Now that I look at them, the '51 Russian and the ghost/sterile are marked up like pig latin!!! LOL   The '54 has a few but the Yugo and Albanian are fairly clean.  The 68 Type 56 has markings but not like the early Russian or Chinese. 

From what I read when I got my ghost, they are quality control markings from when the Ruskies were overseeing the Chinese manufacture.  The markings slowly went away over time.  I need to break the Ghost down sometime and get some pics.  She's written like a book...81K Type 56.

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2016, 10:15:48 PM »
You can also find the (o) stamp on Romanian SKSs as well, not just the Russians and Chinese. Several types of weapons have those marks, the Chinese, Romanian and Russian Mosins even to the Romanian Model 1969 .22lr trainer. The three nations shared several common stamps, somewhere buried here is a post on them and the common stamps shared.  thumb1

Like you said, Yugoslavian and Albainian are pretty much devoid of those markings or likely adopting their own inspection markings like the [BK] Yugoslavian marks.
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline CuSks

• Cadet
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2016, 11:42:06 PM »
Quote from: Greasemonkey
Like you said, Yugoslavian and Albainian are pretty much devoid of those markings or likely adopting their own inspection markings like the [BK] Yugoslavian marks.

Even though Yugo's get pooped on at times that is what makes them so cool.  Tito hated the Soviet but he tolerated them.  He took their design and made it his own.......

Now Hoxha, scared even the hard liners in Russia.  From what I understand, he turned to China for help....  Introduce the Albanian SKS

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2016, 12:01:12 AM »
It wasn't just them, the Czechs didn't care much for them, thats why you don't see a Czechoslovakian SKS or Ak.. They pretty much snubbed all of Russia's designs and even went as far to design and manufacture their own caliber, the 7.62x45, while it was slightly superior to the x39, Russia forced them back to the x39, but even under the Soviet's pressure, they still made their own weapons of their own design, the Vz 52, Vz 52/57 and Vz 58, even the Vz 61 series. Same with the Tokarev and the Makorov, the Cz52 and the Cz 82 pistols.
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline martin08

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Marksman
« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2016, 09:44:46 PM »
On Russian guns of the era, the concentric circle mark is a point of accuracy proof.