Author Topic: Security SKS  (Read 9345 times)

Offline K-9

• Beaucoup dien cai dau
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rifleman
  • Save a Life. Adopt.
Security SKS
« on: May 10, 2015, 12:07:31 PM »
Not sure of the exact name anymore.  Public Security Forces?  These feel like the M59 or Ghost of the later SKS.  Completely different feel than the 1970s SKS I have.  Built like a tank. 

Are these more of a niche item?  Are the /016\ classified under commericial or military SKS here?   I don't see them for sale very often. 

Offline Worm

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
Re: Security SKS
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2015, 12:15:53 PM »
Not commercial or military, but "Public Security". Definitely not commercial.

As LC pointed out to me not long ago, some of the "factories" had a better fit and finish than others.

I have an /016\ also, and my judging based on all the other "odd factories" I've held, it is the best in terms of fit and finish IMO, besides one if the early short lug /206\'s Ive held which was right on par also.

I have a feeling they wanted the PS guns to be made high quality, thus choosing 016's (or they may be 416', i really need to start a picture thread on that topic), 26's, and whichever the other ones there were (0141's?)

Offline K-9

• Beaucoup dien cai dau
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Rifleman
  • Save a Life. Adopt.
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2015, 12:24:58 PM »
I think those were the only three factories that produced it.  I really don't see a lot of discussion about these anywhere, but just wondered....

They definitely look and feel different.  The only comparison I can make is WASR GP 10/63 or Yugo M59 sorta feel.   Built like a tank.  Heavier than they look. 

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2015, 12:32:43 PM »
its 016....not 416

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline K-9

• Beaucoup dien cai dau
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Rifleman
  • Save a Life. Adopt.
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2015, 02:13:09 PM »
Thanks for the move. Again, didn't know where it was supposed to go.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2015, 02:18:22 PM »
Welp..  Its a military configured rifle.   :)

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Power Surge

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Commercial dude
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2015, 08:11:02 PM »
Even though those are the only known arsenals that produced the public security guns, were there non- PS guns also made with those arsenal numbers?

Offline armedhippie

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Marksman
  • Love your family and keep your powder dry.
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2015, 08:33:44 PM »
Even though those are the only known arsenals that produced the public security guns, were there non- PS guns also made with those arsenal numbers?

Yep  thumb1
Hippies are like stray cats...Feed 'em once and they never leave...then they stink up your couch.

Offline firstchoice

• Ozarks Ridge Runner
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • "The Rolling W"-A.E.F. 89th Division-WW1-1917-1918
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2015, 03:19:06 AM »

As well as my /416\ Public Security Forces, I have a /416\ "M" Model (AK-magazine conversion), and I believe one of my 23 or 24 million rifles is a /416\, but I'll have to recheck that to confirm it. Only other item I've seen with the /416\ stamp is a Receiver Cover/scope mount combo with the /416\ stamp just previous to "Made In China".

firstchoice 

Offline Power Surge

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Commercial dude
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2015, 09:00:56 PM »
Thanks for the info. I was asking because I saw Allan's has an 0141 in a plastic stock for sale.