Author Topic: Slovenian HonorGuard rifles at AIM  (Read 56115 times)

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
Re: Slovenian HonorGuard rifles at AIM
« Reply #140 on: September 25, 2015, 06:54:53 AM »
The stocks are not painted.

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #141 on: September 25, 2015, 11:00:24 AM »
Have we learned anything new from this batch?  I assume they were Zastava factory made like that? 

I have only seen pics of these and another one on another forum.  The other forum post with pics (board name rhymes with fun gourds) claims that the stock is painted.  People are using that post to poo-poo these HG SKSs.   

I haven't picked mine up yet, so I cannot say.

Might as well link the post as some people might have trouble finding it: http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?411545-Slovenian-Ceremonial-SKS-arrives.

I don't believe they are painted either, just nicely finished.  I don't know about everyone poo-poo'ing the stock, one of the commentators there said he didn't like the buttpad, but I personally think it looks sharp on that stock and makes a heck of a lot of sense to put something like that on a gun where the butt will be on the ground very often...

We are not like certain 'other' boards (*cough* SKSBoards) that ***** out any & all references to SKSFiles or the SKSGuide pages out of fear that someone else might be right and our stuff wrong.  We're wrong pretty darn often actually!  We admit to mistakes and correct them as best we can to get accurate data out there for everyone to use. 

The fact that they only link to sites like Yooper's that still call letter guns '1956 Sino-Soviets', still maintain that non /26\ guns simply can't be dated, and continue to utilize the 1956 + million = year of manufacture despite there not being a shred of evidence that this is correct (and in fact multiple lines of evidence to show that it's flat out wrong) pretty much indicates that their true intentions aren't to share accurate information with everyone, but is instead to push some unverified-but-accepted-as-gospel 'expert' narrative onto new collectors.  Then they can puff their chests out and high5 each other about their collective knowledge and all the über-rareness/high dollar-ness of their collections. 

Stuff like that is never gonna fly around here as long as I'm around.  bat1

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #142 on: September 25, 2015, 11:22:22 AM »
clap1 clap1 clap1 clap1 clap1

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
« Reply #143 on: September 25, 2015, 08:15:07 PM »

We are not like certain 'other' boards (*cough* SKSBoards) that ***** out any & all references to SKSFiles or the SKSGuide pages out of fear that someone else might be right and our stuff wrong.  We're wrong pretty darn often actually!  We admit to mistakes and correct them as best we can to get accurate data out there for everyone to use. 

The fact that they only link to sites like Yooper's that still call letter guns '1956 Sino-Soviets', still maintain that non /26\ guns simply can't be dated, and continue to utilize the 1956 + million = year of manufacture despite there not being a shred of evidence that this is correct (and in fact multiple lines of evidence to show that it's flat out wrong) pretty much indicates that their true intentions aren't to share accurate information with everyone, but is instead to push some unverified-but-accepted-as-gospel 'expert' narrative onto new collectors.  Then they can puff their chests out and high5 each other about their collective knowledge and all the über-rareness/high dollar-ness of their collections. 

Stuff like that is never gonna fly around here as long as I'm around.  bat1

Longest signature line ever....without any Mosin bashing even.   rofl

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #144 on: September 25, 2015, 08:18:38 PM »
The 'guests' are watching.    eyeball1 eyeball1

rofl2

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #145 on: September 25, 2015, 08:54:46 PM »
Im seriously thinking these are not Yugo Elm stocks....

Hopefully someone here can make a detailed comparison...

Offline K-9

• Beaucoup dien cai dau
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rifleman
  • Save a Life. Adopt.
« Reply #146 on: September 25, 2015, 09:29:20 PM »
I didn't say the negative posts were ON gun boards.  That post on gun boards is being used by other people at other forums. 

This HG Yugo is being discussed on multiple forums that have nothing to do with SKSs. 

It's done gone viral.... hash tag SKS....  rofl

#SKS

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #147 on: September 25, 2015, 09:49:43 PM »
Longest signature line ever....without any Mosin bashing even.   rofl

Laff,

Sorry Justin.  I always get carried away when I have a rough day at work.  I'll get off my soap box, return the thread I've hijacked, and return you to your regularly scheduled thread!  :P

I will say that I sure don't think that wood is elm. If it is, it's sawn way differently.  Maybe beech?  Looks a bit like the original early m59 non-elm stocks, only with no blemishes. They certainly sourced some nice looking wood for these, whatever it is. 

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #148 on: September 25, 2015, 10:09:11 PM »
Looks Beech to me.....

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #149 on: September 25, 2015, 11:42:47 PM »
UPS botched my delivery. I signed electronically yesterday but they didn't leave it  bat1  bat1  bat1

Now I have to wait until Monday  pullhair1  >:(

But really, I'm fine, no need to get alarmed, I'm not a violent man, at least they didn't get between me and my feedbag tommy1
(need an angry dog emoji)

rofl

Offline Jack Flag

• Newber
« Reply #150 on: September 26, 2015, 02:29:21 AM »
New to the forum and new to owning SKSs. I've got one of the ceremonial rifles and one regular 59/66 coming from AIM. Well it's at my FFL (I don't have a current C&R FFL). But he's doing a gun show all weekend, as he works from home. So I must wait to  get my rifles on Monday.

I've heard of one report of someone getting one of the ceremonials and they were not happy with the condition. No pics. So I don't know if they're somehow being unrealistic or if they happened to get one that banged around the crate or something (member of the Survivors board). Someone also supposedly got a regular 59/66 sent instead of a ceremonial. That must have been a mistake, obviously.

Anyway, the report of a disappointing looking ceremonial has me freaked out a little. But of the several I've seen around the web. They have looked excellently minty.

My regular will be shot. I probably won't even clean the ceremonial. I'll just leave on the cosmo. wink1

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #151 on: September 26, 2015, 02:48:52 AM »
UPS botched my delivery. I signed electronically yesterday but they didn't leave it  bat1  bat1  bat1

Now I have to wait until Monday  pullhair1  >:(

But really, I'm fine, no need to get alarmed, I'm not a violent man, at least they didn't get between me and my feedbag tommy1
(need an angry dog emoji)

rofl

Oh, I feel a P32 Mommas and Poppas remix song a'comin on.... cry1

Monday, Monday, not so good for me
Monday mornin', it was all I hoped it wouldn't be
Oh Monday mornin', Monday mornin' UPS couldn't guarantee
That Monday evenin' my SKS would be here with me….... thankyou1 rofl rofl

Wanna borrow my ice pick, or if you ask real, real nice, I'll let you use my spoon :o

Whoa...I reread the I signed electronically but they didn't deliver it....personally, I would never do that with a firearm... You technically signed, all they gotta do is say it's been delivered, or leave it, and it just walks away from an unattended house.  I would rather wait till the box is in my grundgy paws, and then sign.  Granted, I hope the delivery guy is honest and has tons of integrity, but if not, prove you didn't recieve it, you already signed, and it is a firearm. 

Hopefully I'm just tired and reading it wrong, after 17hrs at work and my mind is just fried from the day..
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 03:08:20 AM by Greasemonkey »
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #152 on: September 26, 2015, 08:45:28 AM »
Yeah, for some reason I know my UPS driver. There's always someone home in the late afternoon, when UPS delivers, they're just not 21. I'm having it held for pick up on Monday. Forget this missing delivery, or waiting around horse trash  bat1 rofl

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #153 on: September 26, 2015, 10:18:51 AM »
Yeah, for some reason I know my UPS driver.

Laff Jon,  you may need to enter a 12 step program:

"My name is Jon, I know my UPS driver on a first name basis and he brings me a 'package' at least once a week."

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #154 on: September 26, 2015, 10:21:20 AM »
Anyway, the report of a disappointing looking ceremonial has me freaked out a little. But of the several I've seen around the web. They have looked excellently minty.

My regular will be shot. I probably won't even clean the ceremonial. I'll just leave on the cosmo. wink1

Welcome to SKS-Files Jack.  I read that post about the guy who's sending it back too.  Buyer's remorse and trying to justify sending it back I think.  All the others I've seen have been in perfect condition, you'll be ok.

Good plan in leaving it in the grease.  Best way to keep it mint.  thumb1

Offline Jack Flag

• Newber
« Reply #155 on: September 26, 2015, 10:47:16 AM »

Welcome to SKS-Files Jack.  I read that post about the guy who's sending it back too.  Buyer's remorse and trying to justify sending it back I think.  All the others I've seen have been in perfect condition, you'll be ok.

Good plan in leaving it in the grease.  Best way to keep it mint.  thumb1

Thanks for the welcome. Since I posted the post you quoted. I read somewhere (I don't remember, I'm following several posts on several forums about these) about another person that wasn't completely happy with theirs. Since neither that person or the one who says he's sending it back. Have posted pics as of yet. I don't know if they got a slightly less attractive one. One that got damaged in shipping. Or if they just have unrealistic expectations.  For these things being 30+ years old. I don't necessarily expect a rifle in 100% condition. But being advertised as "unissued'' and AIM posting up pics of new looking guns. I expect damn close to 100%. Get a like new gun, that's 30+ years old is certainly possible. I bought a couple CZ vz. 70's from AIM a few years ago. One was described as "unissued'' and it sure as heck looked like it just rolled of the line.

I was kinda joking about leaving the cosmo on. But I may just do it. Heck. I may need a really large bag to put the rifle in. So I can then vacuum seal the whole thing, cosmo and all.  chuckles1

Offline K-9

• Beaucoup dien cai dau
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Rifleman
  • Save a Life. Adopt.
« Reply #156 on: September 26, 2015, 03:12:15 PM »
I will leave mine in cosmoline. I may shoot it when I retire if it wasn't a great investment. Maybe.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #157 on: September 26, 2015, 09:06:42 PM »

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #158 on: September 26, 2015, 09:08:38 PM »

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #159 on: September 26, 2015, 09:31:02 PM »
They have a looooooooooong way to go before coming close to the USMC SDT.