Author Topic: Zastava M88A Compact 9mm, 3.7"BBL, Semi-Automatic TT Tokarev Type Pistol  (Read 3125 times)

Offline agrace

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Rifleman
Hey all,
I just completed my conceal carry course and have applied for my CCW. I was thinking of this pistol for CCW but wanted to get thoughts. Classic has them for a really good price, free shipped etc.

Zastava M88A Compact 9mm, 3.7"BBL, Semi-Automatic TT Tokarev Type Pistol

This would be my first conceal carry pistol. I know folks love Glock but my budget will not allow even a used one. I am at $275.00 for my carry weapon. This fits.. I just wonder what others thoughts are.

thanks
agrace
I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning.

Offline Stoned_Oli

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Marksman
Re: Zastava M88A Compact 9mm, 3.7"BBL, Semi-Automatic TT Tokarev Type Pistol
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 12:11:07 AM »
Not sure I would trust one with a round in the chamber, and the trigger is reportedly pretty stiff.
That and the single action nature of it says no CC to me...
That said my brother CCs a Norinco Model 213.

Offline scarymike23

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Cadet
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 08:56:26 PM »
The Tok family of pistols tend to make poor CCW choices for the reasons Oli laid out. Supposedly they have a trigger bar and manual safety and all but I'm not convinced they're very safe to keep cocked and locked, and trying to draw and rack the slide during the insanity of some kind of encounter is potentially lethal. I can't find it right now but there's a video of a shop keeper who gets jumped in his store and tries to defend himself with some flavor of Tokarev. He can't work the slide fast enough and ends up dead on the floor because of it.

If you want a carry gun for under $275 what about a P83? They're $200, have modern safety features, and are apparently really well made. Coming from the Radom plant I'd expect they're beautifully put together. There are plenty of good defensive ammo options for 9x18.

https://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm?item_id=100001638&dir=700|1012|1026

Offline jackpine

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2014, 01:53:04 PM »
If you go that way go over it with a fine tooth comb. There was one reviewer that lost the extractor in the first 100 rounds. Not broken just sloppy assembly.