Author Topic: AMD 65 is done  (Read 790 times)

Offline hoopharted

• go head,pull my finger
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Marksman
  • Hillbilly Indian
AMD 65 is done
« on: August 15, 2021, 05:00:29 PM »
finally got around to playing dress up with the old folder , changed the gas tube , added the slotted cheesy to match the lower handguard , added the riser to the wire folder and para wrapped it , WAAAAAAAY more comfortable , havnt shot it yet because its raining , but just shouldering it its like a whole ne rifle

now these shorties had the compensators welded on to get the length legal , i lived with this rifle having weld beads looking like canker sores for decades , so broke the dremel out and went to work , ground the welds down and polished it up real nice to make the compensator and FSB look like one piece , reblued where i did the work  and then knocked the bluing back down to match the rest of the rifle

also knocked the bluing down on the gas tube and cheesy grater for the same reason , coat of amber shellac on the grips , i long since put the original dust cover back on , that was a old "before" pic , wire folder locks up nice still , was worried the para cord may prevent it but G2G

devil

There are going to be two types of people in this world , those without toilet paper , and those with plenty of ammo to protect their toilet paper

Offline hoopharted

• go head,pull my finger
  • Marksman
  • Hillbilly Indian
Re: AMD 65 is done
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2021, 05:02:02 PM »
you can see those welds on the before pic clear as day even from that distance
There are going to be two types of people in this world , those without toilet paper , and those with plenty of ammo to protect their toilet paper

Offline lowell66dart

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Marksman
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2021, 05:34:12 PM »
Good job. Looks nice.
I have to grow old but I don't have to grow up...

Offline BMont

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Marksman
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2021, 08:37:39 PM »
Awsome sauce with chips.  I didnt like mine until I got one of those add on cheek thingies.  I do like the size... they are light for an ak....  More like a krink in their original config w the shorter barrel. 

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2021, 09:56:49 PM »
Great job on cleaning up those welds and aging the bluing  8)   Looks like a fun rig thumb1

Offline carls sks

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2021, 09:22:05 AM »
nice improvements, you did good.
ARMY NAM VET, SO PROUD!

Offline hoopharted

• go head,pull my finger
  • Marksman
  • Hillbilly Indian
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2021, 04:18:43 PM »
thanks , fellas , been 2 weeks and no hot lead , been busy with work , and projects on the farm , have the parts for 2 other gun projects for 3 weeks and no time to get to them yet , hopefully next weekend i can get it out and try it out with the riser , and try the Hunter out