Author Topic: HiCal just admitted they copied my design !!!  (Read 27109 times)

Offline Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
Re: HiCal just admitted they copied my design !!!
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2015, 04:55:37 PM »
Could a licensing deal be worked out where the respective countries silly laws could be 'skirted' and you could be compensated for your design and avoid border issues by striking a deal?  If you could get your pound of flesh for every one sold in Canada, and they could profit from the manufacturing and marketing troubles a little...would that make nice for everyone and future developments could be shared?

Not saying this didn't start off totally wrong in ethics in the first place, but having two locations in two countries that can make the adapter...and a little respect paid to the original designer monetarily....it seems common ground could be reached.

"Designed in Texas, but Made in Canada"  With a big Lone Star with a tiny Maple Leaf in the middle of the logo? I dunno...it is a great idea that should be available wherever you live...theft of said idea on the same continent no less is wrong, but I would love to see everybody happy in the end...

Offline 1mlt

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Marksman
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2015, 05:31:46 PM »
Could a licensing deal be worked out where the respective countries silly laws could be 'skirted' and you could be compensated for your design and avoid border issues by striking a deal?  If you could get your pound of flesh for every one sold in Canada, and they could profit from the manufacturing and marketing troubles a little...would that make nice for everyone and future developments could be shared?

Not saying this didn't start off totally wrong in ethics in the first place, but having two locations in two countries that can make the adapter...and a little respect paid to the original designer monetarily....it seems common ground could be reached.

"Designed in Texas, but Made in Canada"  With a big Lone Star with a tiny Maple Leaf in the middle of the logo? I dunno...it is a great idea that should be available wherever you live...theft of said idea on the same continent no less is wrong, but I would love to see everybody happy in the end...

Funny you mention that idea. We have a PLAN. Can't give details, but it won't be with HiCal.

Marcus
There is but one language in the USA, English.
Teddy R.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2015, 06:07:16 PM »
I like it...

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline 1mlt

• Marksman
« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2015, 10:45:00 PM »
Guys, go to the HiCal "post your SKS rifle" thread. I just posted pix of mine with our G9 with dates from 2014 on them. Post away, but be nice.

Marcus

Teddy R.

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2015, 11:35:58 PM »
We've split this topic off of Crazysquids posting.

Everyone needs to remember rule #5:

5. Try to stay on topic, do not thread jack. We know conversations can meander, but if it gets out of hand, either PM each other or we will step in and clean up the thread.

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but I would suggest that whatever problem that Marcus has with HiCal be resolved between the two of them. Nothing good ever comes from groups of people taking sides and hurling insults at each other on other boards.  I'd very much prefer SKS-Files not receive that type of publicity.

Thanks,

-RM

Offline 1mlt

• Marksman
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2015, 01:21:12 AM »
PLEASE, don't badmouth HiCal just post your position that HiCal pirated my design. Be professional and polite.

Marcus

Teddy R.

Offline sksmcrossvilletn

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2015, 07:45:28 AM »
Yes, using a 'pirated' mag adapter designed by me!!!!, with a 'cosmetic' change. I detest thieves of any kind.

Marcus

Sue the piss out of them!

Offline 1mlt

• Marksman
« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2015, 09:57:26 AM »
Yes, using a 'pirated' mag adapter designed by me!!!!, with a 'cosmetic' change. I detest thieves of any kind.

Marcus

Sue the piss out of them!

Way to costly. We have a better plan. In fact, it is currently in full swing. Details next week.

Marcus
Teddy R.

Offline 1mlt

• Marksman
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2015, 02:17:59 PM »
I didn't want to leave you guys in the dark. Plan is swinging into action. It will be in early August when in full operation.

Marcus
Teddy R.