Author Topic: Stevens (Savage) Model 5100 side-by-side 12-guage 2 3/4" double-barrel shotgun  (Read 572 times)

Offline OldEagleEye67

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
On the left side of the receiver is stamped:

STEVENS               
  SAVAGE ARMS CORPORATION
  CHICOPEE FALLS, MASS. U.S.A.

On the lower left of the stamping is a stamping/engraving of what looks like a lab retriever sniffing and pointing out a downed fowl.

On the right side of the receiver is just a 5100 stamp just slightly behind and below the right breech.

I cannot find any serial number stamp.  Does anyone know where I might find that?

Thanks in advance,
OldEagleEye67

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
It predates the GCA1968 where serial numbers are required, so there possibly isn't a serial..  I have an old Stevens singleshot with no serial. The Savage/Stevens name was produced in that factory between 1920 and 1960, when that plant closed and moved to Westfield Mass.
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
If it is not on the outside bottom front of the receiver then I think it will be on a tang or flat area of the inside part of the receiver once you break it open. It may be old enough not to have one though, as GM mentioned.
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.