Author Topic: Can You SAY KSI?  (Read 805 times)

Offline echo1

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
Can You SAY KSI?
« on: October 24, 2023, 02:48:23 AM »
Hi Folks,

I got this little guy inbound from Colorado, another KSI Hunter with the no-where rail minus the rail. I have a rail modded for a T89 mount in my parts heap. I may mount a Choate in it's place to avoid the cost and having to find a T89. Shouldn't really make much difference since the receiver is already drilled, or I may just tap it and put Allen screws but that leaves the numbers matching stock cut out for the rail. We'll see??? PAX.

You need a crew  

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),
But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
Re: Can You SAY KSI?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2023, 03:20:24 PM »
Nice one PAX.  Always did like the looks of a KSI imported paratrooper.  They are typically clean and in very good condition and this one is no exception.  Make sure you get us some 'after' photos once you decide which direction you want to go with it!

Offline echo1

• Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2023, 04:41:36 PM »
Thanx rm. The rifle on its way is coming from the original owner and never run. PAX

You need a crew  

But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

Offline Direct Connection

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Marksman
  • California is where reality goes to die.
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2023, 04:49:30 PM »
Nice one Pax  thumb1 Still acting like a kid in a candy store  chuckles1 chuckles1 Stop by sometime if your ever in the area. 

Offline echo1

• Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2023, 08:01:49 PM »
Nice one Pax  thumb1 Still acting like a kid in a candy store  chuckles1 chuckles1 Stop by sometime if your ever in the area.

Will do Kerry.
Since 2018-19 I've been trying to downsize, 15 SKSs, 3 A5s, couple milsurp bolt guns, .22 rifle & revolver and an Egyptian FN49 went away. I only slipped backwards a little, Lux FN49, Henry BBS .41 mag, 10/22 Tommy gun, Rough Rider .22, RAR X39 and this little Para. I'm a sucker for a deal  :-\ PAX
  You need a crew  

Offline echo1

• Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2023, 01:52:35 PM »
The Hunter makes Kali bail Monday, PAX
  You need a crew  

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2023, 03:05:32 PM »

What you talking about Pax ?  DC

Offline echo1

• Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2023, 03:13:38 PM »

10 day cooling off/pissed off period. PAX
  You need a crew  

Online Sindone

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2023, 07:09:40 PM »
She's a beaut.  Looks to be in excellent condition.

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2023, 09:05:17 PM »

rofl rofl rofl  And two hrs later we come out with our gun and binder of paperwork then need another 10 day cool off  chuckles1 chuckles1 chuckles1 So stupid

Offline echo1

• Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2023, 11:41:34 PM »
rofl rofl rofl  And two hrs later we come out with our gun and binder of paperwork then need another 10 day cool off  chuckles1 chuckles1 chuckles1 So stupid

I've been using Joe at Stockton Gun Exchange and he's been taking care of me with the out of state receiving fees. This latest transfer was his first with the new 4473. He used to have a store in Modesto, it got crashed into with a stolen car and his shop rifled. Classic gangbangers not waiting 10 days. PAX
  You need a crew  

Offline echo1

• Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2023, 12:19:06 AM »
Back on the little Para. I dug out my scopage set-ups to see which way I'd go. I've got a T89 base, but it would require additional holes, dimensionally it's all wrong, too short. I took off my other "no-where-rail" and modded it to fit a T89 and Redstar, then pulled it for a CC resto. So to go that route would be $pendy for a T89, and they're kind of a compromise to use. Then there's a Tasco aluminum shot gun base, mount & rings affair that is perfect for fitting and sizing to the existing holes and stock cut out, also it's the cheapest and lightest. That will require turning loose the Khyber Pass Fab Team and busting out the mic, band saw, drill press & Dremel. So....I dug a little deeper into the SKS stash and found a great interim solution. I'll clone a KSI Stealth Para using a Ramline stock with correct HG, and since the donor rifle has the rail holes tapped, I'll just put Allen screws in and let the stock hide the blemish. I did a faux Parka Para with an OD K-Sport branded Butler Creek I got from GG. Both were KSI builds anyway. It'll be boss.  thumb1 Money back guarantee  rofl PAX
  You need a crew  

Offline echo1

• Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2023, 07:26:41 PM »
Here she be. I went the cheap and easy route, faux KSI Stealth Para (Ramline stock but not KSI branded), looks cool and is very light. Would have preferred no rail cut out on matching numbered wood, but this works for a factory Bubba. Not run much, if at all. PAX

« Last Edit: December 09, 2023, 08:31:26 PM by echo1 »
  You need a crew