Author Topic: Yugo M57 Tokarev  (Read 2090 times)

Offline astronut

• This user has decided to end his association with SKSFiles
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Marksman
Yugo M57 Tokarev
« on: June 03, 2020, 04:52:09 PM »
Recieved this Yugo M57 Tokarev pistol in 7.62x25 caliber today from DK Firearms in Virginia. My first purchase on my new 03 C&R ffl license. It was my first time dealing with this company and I am very pleased with their service. They were very prompt with communications/emails and updates on my purchase. I bought it from them on Friday they shipped it on friday and I recieved it today. I could have recieved it on Monday but fedex decided it needed to sit in their warehouse for two extra days.  >:(   Anyway I like the condition of it as it was advertised as being in fair to good condition. No rust, no pitting, no barrel frosting or pitting and has the Yugo crest stamped on top of the slide. Now I need to buy some ammo for it.  :)

Offline carls sks

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sharp-Shooter
Re: Yugo M57 Tokarev
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2020, 05:00:04 PM »
nice one! good to know about DK, will have to take a ride one day.  thumb1
ARMY NAM VET, SO PROUD!

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2020, 07:35:57 PM »
Nice score thumb1

I've been pleased with DK in my few interactions with them over the last couple of years, one of which was a C&R eligible M57  :)

Offline astronut

• Marksman
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2020, 07:54:44 PM »
Nice score thumb1

I've been pleased with DK in my few interactions with them over the last couple of years, one of which was a C&R eligible M57  :)

Thank you Sir!  I am thinking about passing more of my purchasing business their way since they seem to be a top notch company interested in taking care of their buying customers! 

Offline Larry D.

• Bitter, Clinging Deplorable
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Do the next right thing.
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2020, 10:45:30 PM »
Nice!

Had a few over the years, just can't love 'em.
Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ
-------------------

Thou shalt not test me.
Mood 24:7

Offline astronut

• Marksman
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2020, 07:49:46 AM »
I hear you Larry.  Some people like them, some people have a so-so feeling about them, and some people just dont like them at all.  I had a couple of Romanian TTC s a few years back but sold them off to fund other projects.  The thing I didnt care for about the Romanians were their "short" hand grips due to them only holding 8rds in the mags.  However this Yugo has a longer grip due to its mags holding 9rds.  It is only one rd more and not a great difference in grip length but it sure does "fit" better in my hand with that extra length then the Romanians did. 
« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 07:53:48 AM by astronut »

Offline Larry D.

• Bitter, Clinging Deplorable
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Do the next right thing.
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2020, 02:54:53 PM »
My issue is that they make me sorta mad to look at them.

Many years ago, I was given a Vietnam bring back by a friend of the vet who had inherited it.
It was stolen less than a month after I got it, so they kinda put me in a bad frame of mind. I keep picking them up when the right deal comes my way, but I just can't shake the feeling.

I will say this, I recently saw a Yugo that was supposedly a parade/presentation pistol that really caught my eye. It appeared to be either nickel or hard chrome finished.
Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ
-------------------

Thou shalt not test me.
Mood 24:7

Offline astronut

• Marksman
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2020, 03:08:53 PM »
My issue is that they make me sorta mad to look at them.

Many years ago, I was given a Vietnam bring back by a friend of the vet who had inherited it.
It was stolen less than a month after I got it, so they kinda put me in a bad frame of mind. I keep picking them up when the right deal comes my way, but I just can't shake the feeling.

I will say this, I recently saw a Yugo that was supposedly a parade/presentation pistol that really caught my eye. It appeared to be either nickel or hard chrome finished.
I hear you.  My first wife or her son stole and sold my Colt MK IV series '70 1911 from me many years ago.  I could not prove the theft or the sale of it so basically it was gone and just disappeared with no recourse from my end.  It was there one day and then the next it was gone!   >:(

Offline Bacarnal

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • SQUIRREL!!! Camp Lejuene Water Survivor.
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2020, 08:24:46 PM »
Nice pistol.  I have one of them and a Chinese (import) Tokarev.  The round has about the same ME as a .45 ACP 230gr ball.  Good accompanying pistol with the PPS-43 "pistol".