Author Topic: Easy as SAR 1,2,3!  (Read 2226 times)

Offline Jimipanic

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
Easy as SAR 1,2,3!
« on: May 09, 2019, 09:53:00 PM »
Long time lurker, glad to be here and am more into AKs but have a deep love for SKSs!
But here’s a start on some good pics of some under rated rifles!

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
Re: Easy as SAR 1,2,3!
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2019, 04:38:11 AM »
All three flavors?! Nice!  8)

Have a favorite with regard to shooting?

Offline firstchoice

• Ozarks Ridge Runner
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • "The Rolling W"-A.E.F. 89th Division-WW1-1917-1918
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2019, 05:32:25 AM »
Long time lurker, glad to be here and am more into AKs but have a deep love for SKSs!
But here’s a start on some good pics of some under rated rifles!

Oh man, love those SAR's! I always wanted to get a SAR-3. Did you get any of the German Weiger mags with the SAR-3? I guess that's what they were designed to use, but they did ship a lot of the German bakelite's with them, too. The Weiger mags are great, but pricey!

Are you using the same mags for both the 5.56 and 5.45 rifles? I heard that a lot of guys were using the bakelites on the AK74's/SAR-3's, but that they had to modify them a little first? Have you ever tried a Chinese 30rd .223 mag in your SAR-3? Just curious if it would work? They're good mags, albeit pricey, too. But I think they're easier to find than the Weiger mags.

*Edit: Just noticed that your mags are Russian bakelite's, not German. Nice! My question still stands as to whether you're using the same mags for both the 5.56 and the 5.45 applications? If so, are the 5.56 mags modified?

Thanks for the pic! Please post up lots of good close-up pics of them, if you get the chance. Always love to see the AK's!

BTW, Welcome to the Files!

firstchoice
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 05:44:56 AM by firstchoice »

Offline carls sks

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2019, 09:24:41 AM »
hi Jim and welcome. good to have you here. nice collection and thank for sharing.  thumb1
ARMY NAM VET, SO PROUD!