Author Topic: H&R revolvers  (Read 1431 times)

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
H&R revolvers
« on: December 21, 2021, 05:38:34 PM »
So, I have an opportunity to trade a de-milled SKS parts kit(all one SN) on a barreled receiver(second SN) for $125 and an H&R Model 904 Target w/6" barrel. Basically placing the SKS at $525( threw it out there at $550 to start) and the H&R at $400. This revolver is a swing out 9 shot cylinder model and looks to be in pretty good condition. Also comes with 1 speed loader. Fair deal?

My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
Re: H&R revolvers
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2021, 08:02:01 PM »
On the revolver, check the lock up of the cylinder, if it's loose, just don't. nea1 They are fine little revolvers long as they aren't abused, dry fired and had gobs of minimags shoved thru them. I'm working on one myself, a 999 break open H&R and I have a 676 single action.   Last 904 I remember was $330ish, it was a really nice example.  No idea what today's prices run..
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2021, 08:10:00 PM »
Yeah, I did a quick Completed sales search on GB and came up with a beater at $200-ish, one at $300-ish, and a nice one at $395.

Guy says he paid around $380-$400, but the speed loader adds around $25 I figure, maybe more. I like the 999 Sportsman they are the bomb, LOL.  What I really want is a Taurus Trakker 992 22LR/22WMR combo set.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2021, 08:57:09 PM by Greatguns »
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2021, 08:38:42 PM »
Yeah, I did a quite Completed sales search on GB and came up with a beater at $200-ish, one at $300-ish, and a nice one at $395.

Guy says he paid around $380-$400, but the speed loader adds around $25 I figure, maybe more. I like the 999 Sportsman they are the bomb, LOL.  What I really want is a Taurus Trakker 992 22LR/22WMR combo set.

I have that Ruger Single Six interchangable 22lr/22wmr cylinder.. thrown in a safe somewhere.. didn't hit the spot. I have more fun with these things..

One day I'll get to posting these... rofl

Online echo1

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2021, 10:07:25 PM »
Yeah, I did a quick Completed sales search on GB and came up with a beater at $200-ish, one at $300-ish, and a nice one at $395.

I've got a Sportsman with a ribbed barrel too. They're really sweet. Decades ago, we were plinking at a muskrat with one. When I broke the action open, the cylinder jumped off and into the lake. We happened to have a snorkel and mask, but never did find the thing  :(. PAX
  You need a crew  

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),
But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2021, 10:15:02 AM »
I decided I'm going to pass on it. Saved the image to my laptop and blew it up and it has some rust and pitting on the hammer and a few other areas. Think I'm going to hold out for a new Taurus Trakker 992 setup.

Offline GuitarmanNick

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Cadet
  • Live each day as if it was your last!
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2021, 10:43:00 AM »
I bought a 999 brand new around 1979. Lost the rear sight twice while at the range on consecutive trips. The second time was right after H&R had replaced the rear sight.

I purchased that model primarily because it had an adjustable rear sight. The problem was the design. It had two thin feet that were captured by Allen screws which also served to adjust the windage. Too little pressure and the sight falls out. Too much pressure and the feet beak off then the sight falls out.

Took it back to the gunsmith and H&R bought it back.

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2021, 11:30:06 AM »
Sooooo, looks like I enabled myself. I was really going to pass on it, but the guy came back and offered a little more cash to seal the deal so I figured, at least I can go look at it. Don't know if it was the HD pic of he cleaned it after the pic, but it looked a lot nicer in person than in the pic. Locked up tight and came with a speed loader.
Yep, I ended up with it. I'll post up with pics when I get a chance.

Offline Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2021, 01:51:28 PM »
Sooooo, looks like I enabled myself.

rofl2 Self enabling..  dance2    GG.. I don't want it... GG's self... OH  BS!! you want it, you know you do.. just do it big fella..   end result.. uhm.. think1 OK...

Internal peer pressure..  clap1 chuckles1

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2021, 02:46:16 PM »
Sooooo, looks like I enabled myself.

rofl2 Self enabling..  dance2    GG.. I don't want it... GG's self... OH  BS!! you want it, you know you do.. just do it big fella..   end result.. uhm.. think1 OK...

Internal peer pressure..  clap1 chuckles1

Kind of like Golum/Smeagol on Lord of the Rings. I have this inner voice rofl rofl :o chuckles1