Author Topic: Fedex strikes again  (Read 2734 times)

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
Fedex strikes again
« on: June 29, 2021, 11:58:30 AM »
So, I bought another project SKS with a bunch of extra parts and what does Fedex do? They drop the box off at the wrong gunshop!!!

I am to calling them today, I can only hope the shop it got dropped off at didn't open it up and enter it into their A&D book. That is really going to complicate things. Fedex is suppose to pick it up today and take it to the correct FFL today. pullhair1 banghead1
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline High Noon

• Watching the clock.
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Marksman
Re: Fedex strikes again
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2021, 12:41:55 PM »
So, I bought another project SKS with a bunch of extra parts and what does Fedex do? They drop the box off at the wrong gunshop!!!

I am to calling them today, I can only hope the shop it got dropped off at didn't open it up and enter it into their A&D book. That is really going to complicate things. Fedex is suppose to pick it up today and take it to the correct FFL today. pullhair1 banghead1

They have delivered my truck parts and ammo to my neighbors, so I kinda understand your frustration.  Never experienced dealing with a miss delivered firearm though.  That will be a bigger hassle.   :-X
« Last Edit: June 29, 2021, 06:57:58 PM by High Noon »

Offline Bob_The_Student

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2021, 01:10:05 PM »
NO COMMENT!!!!!!!!! Thank gad for other delivery services.

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2021, 01:12:17 PM »
That's terrible.  They really have gotten worse over the years; they used to be my favorite long ago, but I'll go UPS or USPS any day over them now.

So here's a question, if they mistakenly ship it to convicted felon Joe Blow down the street, can they get into BATF hot water for that mis-delivery?  I mean, who takes the blame for something like that?  think1 think1

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2021, 02:33:15 PM »
That's terrible.  They really have gotten worse over the years; they used to be my favorite long ago, but I'll go UPS or USPS any day over them now.

So here's a question, if they mistakenly ship it to convicted felon Joe Blow down the street, can they get into BATF hot water for that mis-delivery?  I mean, who takes the blame for something like that?  think1 think1

Yes, if it is not properly recovered then the ATF and FBI get involved. I have dealt with this before, when working at a gun shop last decade, with an issue concerning UPS. They had an employee at the Kansas City Hub who was removing firearms from the boxes, sending the box on empty then smuggling the firearm out of the warehouse. we received an empty box, got the 2 agencies involved and it was our info that got the guy caught.
Back then I was all about Fedex, but now I don't like using them and prefer UPS.They more or less flip-flopped status.

Concerning Joe Blow, they will investigate to see if the driver who delivered was connected to said felon and he could get into trouble for fencing stolen property and more as well as the felon getting charged with possession of a stolen firearm.
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2021, 05:49:03 PM »
FedEx never did find my Classic last year....luckily my FFL found it himself, drove across town and got it from the FFL that got it by mistake.
FedEx for months, and probably still does claim its missing.
I did get it, so rather than get the ATF involved...I just let them sweat it out.

Offline hoopharted

• go head,pull my finger
  • Marksman
  • Hillbilly Indian
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2021, 06:12:06 PM »

i feel your pain brother , remember when they lost my 57 chicom?

my gun shop guy said a few weeks back FedEx dropped of 4 handguns and 6 rifles on his doorstep after he was closed ,he has a old feller that lives next to his shop that called him and kept an eye out until he got there , what if the old guy wasnt there?
There are going to be two types of people in this world , those without toilet paper , and those with plenty of ammo to protect their toilet paper

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2021, 07:09:46 PM »
That's pretty bad, 10 firearms that could have easily fallen into the wrong hands and the FFL dealer would have had a hack of a time getting Fedex to pay out because it was shown as 'delivered'

Offline hoopharted

• go head,pull my finger
  • Marksman
  • Hillbilly Indian
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2021, 06:58:58 PM »
its absurd , and the worst part is they do not even care
There are going to be two types of people in this world , those without toilet paper , and those with plenty of ammo to protect their toilet paper

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2021, 11:23:04 PM »
Update: Like Justin's story, they dropped the package off at the wrong FFL dealer. Fedex was supposed to have taken care of it yesterday, and again today. Hoping one way or another it is taken care of tomorrow. Think I'm going to demand UPS for shipping from now on.

Offline High Noon

• Watching the clock.
  • Marksman
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2021, 08:44:55 AM »
Update: Like Justin's story, they dropped the package off at the wrong FFL dealer. Fedex was supposed to have taken care of it yesterday, and again today. Hoping one way or another it is taken care of tomorrow. Think I'm going to demand UPS for shipping from now on. 

I do think they are a better shipping company overall.

Offline Bob_The_Student

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2021, 10:54:16 AM »
GG, I have one of your guns here FedEx just dropped it off what shall I do with it? It has that new "banana clip".

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2021, 11:12:35 AM »
GG, I have one of your guns here FedEx just dropped it off what shall I do with it? It has that new "banana clip".

Dang that looks one of those PCCs (Plantain Caliber Carbines) or SBRs (Short Banana Rifles)  8) Looks like the monkeys at FedEx have been busy

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2021, 01:12:30 PM »

Dang that looks one of those PCCs (Plantain Caliber Carbines) or SBRs (Short Banana Rifles)  8) Looks like the monkeys at FedEx have been busy

In the word of that great Russian comedian who's name I can't recall...."You guys break me down" rofl rofl

Offline Bob_The_Student

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2021, 01:15:00 PM »
SBR - Short Banana Rifle ... ding ding ding  rofl rofl clap1 clap1

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2021, 06:39:02 PM »
I was posting up here and had the thought of, I think it was Classic, that has been selling yellow AK mags recently. The 'banana clip' made me think of it, LOL.

Anyway, fedex got the rifle to the correct location today and I picked it up with all parts intact. So, all it cost me was a few extra days in the long run.

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2021, 07:07:00 PM »
I was posting up here and had the thought of, I think it was Classic, that has been selling yellow AK mags recently. The 'banana clip' made me think of it, LOL.

Anyway, fedex got the rifle to the correct location today and I picked it up with all parts intact. So, all it cost me was a few extra days in the long run.

Finally! Good outcome!  thumb1

Offline hoopharted

• go head,pull my finger
  • Marksman
  • Hillbilly Indian
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2021, 04:46:02 PM »
and a couple premature grey hairs , glad it was a happy outcome

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2021, 04:57:33 PM »
and a couple premature grey hairs , glad it was a happy outcome

All my hair is already grey so there's no pre- to it. LOL

Offline hoopharted

• go head,pull my finger
  • Marksman
  • Hillbilly Indian
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2021, 05:27:29 PM »
BOL!!!!! you old fart you