Author Topic: its alive!!!  (Read 2943 times)

Offline hoopharted

• go head,pull my finger
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Marksman
  • Hillbilly Indian
its alive!!!
« on: March 18, 2021, 05:44:40 PM »
i know have a complete kit again , spoke with my guy in Baltimore and im going to make the trip at the end of the month , i was going to have him do a partial build and then decided to let him do the whole thing so he can test fire and do the final finish , he says he parks then cerakote's  everything , im going to do the wood , the white is me and denatured taking down the flaking finish , good thing is ive done this before with the furniture that was tossed and it came out perfect

There are going to be two types of people in this world , those without toilet paper , and those with plenty of ammo to protect their toilet paper

Offline echo1

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
Re: its alive!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2021, 11:25:03 PM »
Sweet, I've got something for it I'll get to you. PAX
  You need a crew  

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),
But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

Offline firstchoice

• Ozarks Ridge Runner
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • "The Rolling W"-A.E.F. 89th Division-WW1-1917-1918
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2021, 12:47:53 AM »
Looks good Hoo! Just keep it away from the trash area!  chuckles1

Seriously, you should end up with a decent Romy when he's done. Looking forward to seeing the end result!

firstchoice

Offline hoopharted

• go head,pull my finger
  • Marksman
  • Hillbilly Indian
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2021, 06:48:32 AM »
not happy with the grip , i have two correct ones but they are beat to hell

stripped all of the furniture last night ,gotta remember the right mixture of stain to get that color its suppose to have , i think i layered red mahogany with early american on top of it last time , the G furniture is suppose to be on the  dark side ,the mahogany brought the color out of the laminate
There are going to be two types of people in this world , those without toilet paper , and those with plenty of ammo to protect their toilet paper

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2021, 11:27:44 AM »
Don’t stain them. Just get garnet and amber shellac flakes (eBay) dissolve, mostly garnet with a bit of amber (about 4:1) in denatured alcohol (warming the solution helps. Then apply multiple thin coats with a light #0000 steel wool rub down between coats.

That pistol grip looks great. Most of the Romanian ones are rough.

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2021, 11:46:16 AM »
No stain, just ~80% garnet, 20% amber shellac, about 4-5 coats. The color deepens as you go.

Offline hoopharted

• go head,pull my finger
  • Marksman
  • Hillbilly Indian
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2021, 12:26:19 PM »
thats pretty , the G furniture is suppose to be darker , i have mine stained and i matched the original perfect , started off with Cherry , then couple coats mahogany and the early american , just put the black band on the bottom of the butt , have a stencil kit coming im going to put a rack number on the side of the butt , 69 of course , im going to do a satin poly clear coat , if thats too dull i have some semi

Offline hoopharted

• go head,pull my finger
  • Marksman
  • Hillbilly Indian
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2021, 12:34:56 PM »
thats a nice looking rifle you have there , the dong is growing on me , eww that came out wrong , i found the handguard set and i already bought a butt a month ago , almost didnt pull the trigger on the HG set , looked really bad in the pics , but once i got the flaky finish off it was really nice , no separations or major dings

Offline Larry D.

• Bitter, Clinging Deplorable
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Do the next right thing.
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2021, 01:46:59 PM »
Geez you guys...
Posting pictures of your dongs and butts.....

Seriously though, before the great selloff, I had a really nice Romy that came from Piece of History Firearms -  https://pieceofhistoryfirearms.com/ -
Is was near perfect, but the dong and I couldn't get along. It looked great with Polish hardwood on it.
Broke my heart to sell that one.

I always wanted a BFPU rifle. Something that looks like crap, but runs like a cat over water. 
Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ
-------------------

Thou shalt not test me.
Mood 24:7

Offline hoopharted

• go head,pull my finger
  • Marksman
  • Hillbilly Indian
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2021, 02:00:37 PM »
originally bought this kit as a impulse buy when they were dirt cheap , the dong kinda was the reason i never did anything with it which ultimately led to the blunder with half of it finding its way to the dump , when i found the second box with the kit parts in it i was just going to get a rifle out of it , now i have a full Romy G kit again , im going for originality again

Offline hoopharted

• go head,pull my finger
  • Marksman
  • Hillbilly Indian
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2021, 05:50:34 PM »
going to give the poly a few days to cure well , then im going to hit them with some 320 grit , paint the rack number on it and two more coats of semi gloss poly

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2021, 06:02:31 PM »
going to give the poly a few days to cure well , then im going to hit them with some 320 grit , paint the rack number on it and two more coats of semi gloss poly

Hey Hoo.....ya missed a spot. :P rofl

Seriously though, lookin' good.
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline hoopharted

• go head,pull my finger
  • Marksman
  • Hillbilly Indian
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2021, 06:06:30 PM »
grip matches much better now too

Offline hoopharted

• go head,pull my finger
  • Marksman
  • Hillbilly Indian
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2021, 08:39:44 AM »
Geez you guys...

Seriously though, before the great selloff, I had a really nice Romy that came from Piece of History Firearms -  https://pieceofhistoryfirearms.com/ -
Is was near perfect, but the dong and I couldn't get along. It looked great with Polish hardwood on it.

I always wanted a BFPU rifle. Something that looks like crap, but runs like a cat over water.
yup great minds think alike , i grabbed a polish set from Lees Mags reasonably , then the cheapo laminated set originally as a finish Guinee Pig to get the color right for the Les Paul sunburst  finish i was going to do , then i stumbled across the g handguard set and decided to do it correct

still going to play with the other stocks to see if i can replicate the Les Paul sunburst

Offline hoopharted

• go head,pull my finger
  • Marksman
  • Hillbilly Indian
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2021, 11:42:21 AM »
Geez you guys...

i like that wingmaster they have up there , i only have the express , but geesh , one pic to sell a rifle? they even have a shotgun listed for $3,400 and one photo ,lol , i take a minimum of 8 to sell a haggard old gew 88 bol !!!

Offline Larry D.

• Bitter, Clinging Deplorable
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Do the next right thing.
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2021, 04:41:28 PM »
i like that wingmaster they have up there , i only have the express , but geesh , one pic to sell a rifle? they even have a shotgun listed for $3,400 and one photo ,lol , i take a minimum of 8 to sell a haggard old gew 88 bol !!!

Yeah. You think they'd post a few more.
I would ass-u-me that they'd send some more if you asked, but I don't know for sure.

That Vz 61 certainly makes my sphincter tingle......
Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ
-------------------

Thou shalt not test me.
Mood 24:7

Offline hoopharted

• go head,pull my finger
  • Marksman
  • Hillbilly Indian
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2021, 05:30:27 PM »

Yeah. You think they'd post a few more.
I would ass-u-me that they'd send some more if you asked, but I don't know for sure.

dude that VZ 61 definitely stopped me in my tracks too , but im not taking on anymore calibers unless i can add a SVT-40 back into the stable , i have a russian sks on my hitlist but im not paying antwhere near $1,200 for one , id just assume get another AK

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2021, 05:56:04 PM »

dude that VZ 61 definitely stopped me in my tracks too 

ENABLING  thumb1 and tingling :o thumb1

Glad to help  :)
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2021, 06:21:11 PM »

dude that VZ 61 definitely stopped me in my tracks too 

ENABLING  thumb1 and tingling :o thumb1

Glad to help  :)

:o 8) thumb1 :)  I think you're short on magazines  rofl

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2021, 06:23:26 PM »
I didn't feel like digging the rest out, damn Jimmy and clearance sale... thumb1   rofl2
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem