Author Topic: Romanian side folding wire stock.  (Read 1606 times)

Offline Duffarmy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
Romanian side folding wire stock.
« on: March 18, 2021, 04:16:04 PM »
I have a couple questions about the Romanian side folding wire stock. If I understand correctly there are two versions, a push button and latch style, and the push button is what you want? Next question is that this particular stock attaches to a standard fixed stock receiver? Thanks in advance for any replies.

Offline firstchoice

• Ozarks Ridge Runner
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • "The Rolling W"-A.E.F. 89th Division-WW1-1917-1918
Re: Romanian side folding wire stock.
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2021, 12:33:04 AM »
The Romy push button style:

Don't overlook the little package of 2 machine screws shown in this pic. They are two different lengths of 5mm machine screws with hex head. It's much easier if you get them with the stock rather than trying to locate the correct set at a hardware store later!

The push button type of the Romy side folders are preferred because the main strut of the stock is further to the left when the stock is extended, allowing the shooter a better cheek weld.

There's a great write up with excellent picture comparison of the different nationalities/types over on Gunboards:

https://www.gunboards.com/threads/romanian-east-german-polish-ak-side-folding-stock-comparison.109211/

I hope this helps with your questions.

firstchoice

Offline Duffarmy

• Newber
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2021, 07:08:05 AM »
Firstchoice,

Thanks so much for the reply brother, that's exactly the info I needed to know. I've already sorted the "dong" lower handguard now I need to get one of the wire stocks. Again, thanks for the pictures and descriptions, I'll definitely make sure to get hardware with the stock.

Offline Larry D.

• Bitter, Clinging Deplorable
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Do the next right thing.
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2021, 01:49:08 PM »
Duff, you have officially been enabled by one of our professional enablers.

Welcome to the club.
Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ
-------------------

Thou shalt not test me.
Mood 24:7

Offline Duffarmy

• Newber
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2021, 01:53:02 PM »
Nothing wrong with that. By the way is there a certain number of post I have to make before I can post in market place? I looked in the rules but couldn't find anything. I was going to post in there about trading for the stock.

Offline Marcus

• Newber
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2021, 05:15:43 AM »
Due to the off-set to one side,  the push button stock is o.k. if you are right handed.

But if you are a lefty (not leftist) like me,   it's very non-user friendly and annoying.   The centered lever stock is much more comfortable and user friendly to me.

Also,  the lever stock locks up a lot tighter  with the stock extended than the push button.

As mentioned above, be sure to get the correct screws.