Author Topic: Other Than Guns  (Read 1698 times)

Online echo1

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
Other Than Guns
« on: February 23, 2021, 04:44:36 PM »
Hi Guys,

Other than guns, me and my boys have a ton of die cast and plastic air ships and automobiles. Here's an old post of a few flyin machines.

Top shelf:  Dead Me 109 driver, Zero, Warhawk, Mitchell x2, F86 helmet

Bleriot IX and a Ryan on top of a Concorde. Wright Flyer. White Beechcraft 18 missing props. Looks like a silver Sikorsky S42 flying boat, with a 707 and 737 next to it. Space shuttle in back. Travel Air Model R (MYSTERY SHIP), yellow Waco-based(?) MAC TOOLS racer. LOCKHEED VEGA, Silver DC3.

P-51D. Zero. MOSQUITO (can't see it that good). Lancaster. B17. Red and white Mustang-derived racer. Another Warhawk. Black Widow. WRIGHT FLYER HIDING UNDER TAIL.

Fw-190 (CAN'T SEE IT BUT IT'S A RUSSIAN CAPTURE -- RED STAR). Hellcat. MiG-3. Another Hellcat in the back on top of a GRUMAN F3F-F (again too small me thinks). Late-mark Spitfire over a Stuka. Corsair over a Hellcat over Bf-109. Early-model Thunderbolt over a C-47.

A French DEWOITINE D-520. Seafire. 109. Looks like another MiG-3, over a Corsair. P-38 Lighting under another Black Widow under another Warhawk. Mosquito above another 'Cat, next to a Corsair.
  You need a crew  

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),
But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

Offline carls sks

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sharp-Shooter
Re: Other Than Guns
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2021, 07:15:00 PM »
very cool to be collecting with your kids, neat collection.
ARMY NAM VET, SO PROUD!

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2021, 10:30:04 PM »
Fun stuff! I really like the WWII fighters and light bombers.

Between the ages of 8 and 14 I built a lot of models, mostly warbirds, some tanks and vehicles. I used to go to the specialty hobby shops every month or two and agonize over the 2 or 3 Airfix, Revell, etc. kits to pick out that I’d be able to afford with my modest allowance.  rofl

Online echo1

• Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2021, 10:38:48 PM »
very cool to be collecting with your kids, neat collection.

It has been cool. Many an airshow and museum for 300 miles. They're grown men with chillin. It's a lot harder to be an airport bum these days. We still have "End-of-season" BBQ flyins. PAX
  You need a crew  

But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

Offline Larry D.

• Bitter, Clinging Deplorable
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Do the next right thing.
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2021, 11:38:56 PM »
Never missed an airshow when my boys were young. Great way to do some serious male bonding.

On a personal note - Favorite prop plane is a P-40 and favorite jet is an F-4. Mind you, those are just the favorites, never met an aircraft I didn't like.
Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ
-------------------

Thou shalt not test me.
Mood 24:7

Online echo1

• Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2021, 12:36:49 AM »
Never missed an airshow when my boys were young. Great way to do some serious male bonding.

On a personal note - Favorite prop plane is a P-40 and favorite jet is an F-4. Mind you, those are just the favorites, never met an aircraft I didn't like.

When I was in video production, I shot all the air shows from Bakersfield to Reno. I've got some killer stuff of a B25 and a P40 making early morning passes. Later, during the show, one of my camera guys shot out of the nose of a B25, Heavenly Body. PAX
  You need a crew  

Offline Bob_The_Student

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2021, 05:25:43 AM »
PAX, may not fit the theme but I'd love to see the A-10 Warthog in the next photos. Get on that.  chuckles1

Very nice collection. I really do love the A-10 though! Maybe I'll have to send you one.  dance2

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2021, 09:49:15 AM »
PAX, may not fit the theme but I'd love to see the A-10 Warthog in the next photos. Get on that.  chuckles1

Very nice collection. I really do love the A-10 though! Maybe I'll have to send you one.  dance2

Since you love the A-10 Bob, here's my model A-10, it was just getting back from Afghanistan.

My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline hoopharted

• go head,pull my finger
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Marksman
  • Hillbilly Indian
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2021, 10:26:52 AM »
one of my favorite computer games of all time was Combat Fighter Simulator I and II , fly Ariel combat dog fights in WW1 and WW2 fighters with people all over the world
There are going to be two types of people in this world , those without toilet paper , and those with plenty of ammo to protect their toilet paper

Offline Bob_The_Student

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2021, 03:26:44 PM »

Since you love the A-10 Bob, here's my model A-10, it was just getting back from Afghanistan.

GG, did you fly A-10's?

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2021, 05:00:57 PM »

GG, did you fly A-10's?

Don't I wish, my father was a Thud pilot who was killed in VN. My daughter and her husband are both AF and work on the A-10s. She was electronics tech(now as an E-8 she is inspector General's office, basically QC) and he is an E-7 crew chief. The pic is everyone getting home from one of their deployments. The planes landed first to get them out of the way before the crews landed in the transport. It was pretty neat to see.
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline echo83

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rifleman
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2021, 07:39:35 PM »
I was a model fiend when I was a kid. My two favorites were the P-47 and P-38 (not the can opener.) After that, the Abrams and LAV 25.

I'll never forget the first time I saw a pair of A-10s doing a low pass at an air show.

The announcer said, "In a combat scenario, they would be dissolving any targets on the ground right about...now."

The choice of the word "dissolving," took on new meaning when I saw the 30 mm up close...

Online echo1

• Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2021, 06:01:16 PM »
At an airshow in Rancho Murrieta, an A1 did a simulated low level ground attack, as a routine. You can really hook those ships around. The pilot was making bat turns in the vertical. Was super bad. PAX
  You need a crew