Author Topic: New Shotgun I bought Norinco (IAC) Hawk 982  (Read 20508 times)

Offline sksmcrossvilletn

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Marksman
Re: New Shotgun I bought Norinco (IAC) Hawk 982
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2015, 12:33:13 PM »
I don't own a shotgun at the moment but I do want to get one soon. I like the Mossberg 500 for the safety placement but that 870 clone looks good for the money. I am assuming you can use 870 barrels so I could get one for skeet shooting?

GM, I have the same blocks for my retaining wall.

Barrels are not interchageable without an adapter on the hawk i have the barrel band as I call it sits a little father forward than on the 870. But all other parts are completely interchangeable!

That's too bad. I want a shotty that can be a HD gun but I can also slap a skeet barrel on. Guess I will wait until I can get a Mossy 500 combo.

I could be wrong Carl but I've read on numerous forums that the NEF pardner pump longer barrels will fit on the IAC hawk without an adapter since both are made by norinco for two different importers. But if you do this I'd recommend you get the hawk 981 without ghost rings because it would be a weird sight picture having a rear ghost ring and a front bead!

I highly recommend you get one if at all possible.

Offline sksmcrossvilletn

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2015, 03:10:12 PM »
I picked my hawk up from the gunsmith today. It had been there getting the dimples removed from the magazine tube! The dude was able to do it without having to drill them out. So when I got it home I put the ggg1437 non slotted follower in it and using the stock spring that came with it I installed the Nordic components +1 extension tube. With European shells (Rio 00 buck) I could get 6+1. I knew that us shells are usually slightly shorter than European shells. So I found some of the Winchester brown box (military 00 buck 9 pellet as they call even though it's crap) I was able to get 7 in the mag tube. Interesting huh?

Offline sksmcrossvilletn

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2016, 07:59:48 AM »
I will be picking the Hawk 982 up from the refinisher/gunsmith on probably Wednesday or Thursday of next week. I had the timney sear and 3 pound spring installed and Wilson combat jumbo safety and the magpul moe 870 forend installed. I also had the shotgun reparkerized and then cerakoted in patriot brown. The furniture is magpul od green. I went with a magpul od green miad grip, Mesa tactical m4 stock adapter that I had cerakoted patriot brown, and a kynshot hydraulic buffer tube with magpul moe od green stock and limb saver butt pad. I'm going to be running a vang comp dsac Velcro shot shell plate on the side with an Skd tactical Velcro shot card in od green.

I'll post up pics of it when I get it done and get everything installed

Offline Dannyboy53

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sniper
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2016, 01:36:21 PM »
I picked my hawk up from the gunsmith today. It had been there getting the dimples removed from the magazine tube! The dude was able to do it without having to drill them out. So when I got it home I put the ggg1437 non slotted follower in it and using the stock spring that came with it I installed the Nordic components +1 extension tube. With European shells (Rio 00 buck) I could get 6+1. I knew that us shells are usually slightly shorter than European shells. So I found some of the Winchester brown box (military 00 buck 9 pellet as they call even though it's crap) I was able to get 7 in the mag tube. Interesting huh?

Very nice shotgun with an awesome price sksmcrossvilletn! I quit using 00 and started using #4 buckshot, Rio Royal (from Spain). There is just something I like about having 21 pellets of about 24 caliber going down range at 1345 FPS!

Offline sksmcrossvilletn

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2016, 05:31:26 PM »
Yeah

Offline sksmcrossvilletn

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2016, 05:11:26 PM »
So i sent it off to a place 80 miles away to get re parkerized and cerakoted. They screwed it all up and did not repark and left black alot of the components that I wanted patriot brown like part of the mag end cap, the action bars and slide etc. The idiots must have even put loctite on the mag cap because it wont come off no matter what I try. I got this job for free since they half assed it, didn't do what I asked, and kept it for four months. The good thing is they did actually install my wilson combat jumbo safety, and my timney sear with 3 pound spring.

MY ORIGINAL THEME was to have everything magpul od green and patriot brown.

What say yall does it look okay three colors like this or do I need to send the components I wanted done in patriot brown off to someone and have them done? I havent put my mesa tactical leo adapter on there yet as that is one of the items I am debating about painting. Of course it does not have my vang comp d sac with skd tactical shotgun card on the side of the receiver yet either.

Offline sksmcrossvilletn

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2017, 08:28:32 AM »
Finished product

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2017, 11:41:56 PM »
Thats some serious home defense right thar!   :o

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline sksmcrossvilletn

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2017, 05:47:03 AM »
Yep,

I love the SOE shotgun micro rig.