Author Topic: SKS w/ Butler Creek Folder  (Read 2517 times)

Offline BubbaSummers

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
SKS w/ Butler Creek Folder
« on: March 17, 2017, 07:11:07 PM »
Hey Running-Man love the work you're doing. I Have a lovely one would like to know the approximate Time of manufacture:  AT5982  it Is a lovely example with 3x 30 round in steel Butler Creek polymer folding stalk w sling, tripod, bayonet. What is a fine example going for these days? Numbering is so confusing that I must ask of your expertise awaiting your response thanks for your time!
 8)

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
Re: SKS w/ Butler Creek Folder
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 10:53:17 PM »
Hi Bubba, I split this topic from echo1's thread as they are totally different animals.

It sounds like you've got a Russian that's been Bubba'd. We'll need photos of the various components to narrow the production year as that S/N prefix was used in multiple years.  I take it the receiver cover is an aftermarket or doesn't match the gun?

Offline Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
Re: SKS w/ Butler Creek Folder
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2017, 10:57:57 AM »
Butler Creek didn't make a folder as far as I have ever heard...and I live in Montana where they make them...boy will I be upset if I am wrong.

It is likely a Combat Exchange or ATI folder, which are the most common...or possibly the super cool but rare due to expense Choate folder.