Author Topic: SKS-30 with Two Import Stamps  (Read 2946 times)

Offline Q Tip

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
SKS-30 with Two Import Stamps
« on: February 21, 2018, 08:13:27 AM »
picked up this sks-30 and it has CSI Dallas Texas and CSI L.A. CA.
markings.  Also 01165 is the complete serial number.  Cool gun still in good shape.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
Re: SKS-30 with Two Import Stamps
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 09:41:10 AM »
Thats weird about the importers.

The serial best we can tell is most likely a result of it being a scrubbed gun.  This just means it had a prior life to becoming a commercial variant and acquiring a new identity.

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Q Tip

• Newber
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 12:00:16 PM »

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2018, 12:17:29 PM »
Those import companies are the same company.... they just moved from Texas to Cali, so thats possibly a transitional weapon from their relocation period.
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2018, 01:06:11 PM »
Ah......   weird. 

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Power Surge

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Commercial dude
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2018, 06:15:34 PM »
Nice score, Q-tip.

The SKS-30 was new production, so it would not have been scrubbed. All CSI imported SKS-30s only have a 5 digit serial.

In my database, there is a split from where they only said CSI Dallas, to where they have BOTH Dallas and LA. Previously the lowest serial with both marks was 02288. Yours is now the lowest serial with both import stamps we've seen. The last Dallas only I have is 01041. So yours is definitely close to the beginning of the dual stampings.

Offline Q Tip

• Newber
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2018, 08:00:10 PM »
very cool, the serial number is accompanied by an upside down "V" or chevron mark, which is also marked on the receiver cover rear with the s/n.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2018, 01:02:39 AM »
Nice score, Q-tip.

The SKS-30 was new production, so it would not have been scrubbed. All CSI imported SKS-30s only have a 5 digit serial.

In my database, there is a split from where they only said CSI Dallas, to where they have BOTH Dallas and LA. Previously the lowest serial with both marks was 02288. Yours is now the lowest serial with both import stamps we've seen. The last Dallas only I have is 01041. So yours is definitely close to the beginning of the dual stampings.

Being a commercial... how do we know these were not scrubbed?  I mean, do we really know? 

Offline Power Surge

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Commercial dude
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2018, 08:56:09 PM »

Being a commercial... how do we know these were not scrubbed?  I mean, do we really know?

Well, Joe had always said the SKS-30 was the very first new production commercial model. Although the SKS-63, first version Sporter, and KS-30 also all came out in 88 along side the SKS-30. All versions show no signs of scrubbing, and parts and construction are quite clearly new parts. Plus they are all AK mag guns, so the entire magwell area is different. You can alter a standard receiver to use AK mags, but it's a LOT of work, and the end result (there ARE some AK mag models that are conversions) is noticeably different than the receivers that started out as AK mag receivers. Plus there's no reason to suspect this gun is scrubbed, because ALL the China Sports SKS-30s are 5 digit serials.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2018, 10:36:42 PM »
That will work.

Im used to standard military rifles, and with later features and/or that type of serial always turn out to be scrubbed.