Author Topic: trigger groups?  (Read 3152 times)

Offline littlebigjohn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
trigger groups?
« on: May 09, 2018, 03:39:24 PM »
Hey to all,

Would anyone be interested in Chinese trigger groups?  They are still available up here in Canada.  I have sent some to people in the US on eBay, but because of it being a firearm part and I am not in the US, they keep deleting the auctions.  I was marking the package as just 'gun parts' to get past customs, and Russian origin; and have shipped more than a dozen without any issues, as I shipped them with tracking.  They are indeed Chinese however.  I am not sure how many the place has left, but do not want to try through eBay anymore, it was a hassle getting deleted too many times.  I was able to do it because I had a US winter address, but I sold the place.  I would take EMT and Paypal, and would provide photos and tracking.  I could even label country of origin as Canada, as how could they confirm it.

There are stamped versions and milled versions available.  I would do $100 shipped for stamped, and $120 shipped for milled.  Just putting it out there to see if there is interest.

Offline carls sks

• Sharp-Shooter
Re: trigger groups?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 07:21:17 PM »
hi John and welcome. good to have you here. don't need , but thanks.  thumb1
ARMY NAM VET, SO PROUD!

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2018, 07:29:07 PM »
There will always be people interested.  The issue always boils down to price, availability, and accountability.  Many in the US are pretty cautious of doing business with people from another country because there is little recourse for restitution if a deal falls through.  Large sites like eBay at least have some protections built into them that allow a buyer to receive a refund directly from eBay in most instances and then it's eBay's problem to go after the seller to recoup the money. 

I will say this, with one post to your name, I think you will not find a ton of interest here.  You'd have to become a regular member who contributes to the discussion so people get to know you for trust to be built to be successful in this endeavor.  Just my opinion, others may see things differently.

Welcome to the boards.

Offline Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2018, 12:26:58 AM »
I echo the sentiment that a first post shouldn't be a sale post.

I will let you in on the secret that foreign sellers on eBay do manage to keep their postings listed when using Antiques or Collectibles. Selling in Hunting or any sub group usually will get you flack as a foreign seller. The stupid prices asked there oft keep buyers from searching there as often...but you will at least keep your listing.

Welcome to the FILES  post up some pics of your favorite SKS...make some buddies!

Offline littlebigjohn

• Newber
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2018, 03:15:48 AM »
Hey guys, thanks for the feedback.  I am the silent type who reads lots and does not post much lol.  I will post up some photos of mine soon.  I just know how difficult it is to get Chinese parts, that is why I posted it, to get some thoughts.  My username on ebay is jjg-3.  I do not have any posted currently, I have not tried to sell for over a year.  Perhaps I will look into the antiques or collectibles avenue, thanks for the tip.  The D models were in abundance up here back in the '90's, but are very difficult to find in good shape, as most got shot TONS with corrosive ammo, beat up, etc.  Low round count ones go for premium prices, perhaps $700 or more.  I bought mine back in the '90's for $150 LOL.

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2018, 04:14:26 AM »
Welcome to The Files!

Interesting info and offer, although all of my SKSs have fortunately come with functional trigger groups, so personally I have no need. I’ve never looked for them or their prices.

I’ve been reticent to buy gun parts from outside the US, due to the risk of hyper-vigilant US Customs agents holding up or seizing anything suspicious (not necessarily a bad thing, in general, but annoying to aggravating if you know it’s innocuous and legal). I did buy a Yugoslavian practice grenade from Serbia once, but it was shipped disassembled and in two separate shipments: tail tube and fins in one, plastic/rubber dummy grenade tip in another.

Offline Justin Hell

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sniper
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2018, 07:39:42 AM »
Chinese stuff is still a little more common in the US than Canada. Your prices are even a little high for the gun stripper guys in Canada selling Russian parts...which are less common here.  It blows my mind seeing the prices for Chinese parts being sold by Canadians...probably the inverse of what would happen here vs. Russian.

Trigger groups are going for insane prices lately though...so I might be about six months out of the current loop. My last parts gun project won't exceed it's cost in value for a bleeding decade....due to the trigger group.

I have seen many Canadian items listed quite strangely to get past the eBay censors...in strange categories. I have purchased milled 49-51 Russian groups under the title 'Milled Russian SKS Part' more than once...for eighty bucks shipped, in the last year or so.

Offline littlebigjohn

• Newber
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2018, 01:09:00 PM »
Yes my price was a little high, as I thought they were more scarce.  I know the supply is fixed, just not sure how much is still available in Canada.  When they were first available in Canada in the mid-90's, one could buy the trigger group for $20!  I bought one back then, wish I had bought more lol.

As for wanting a second trigger group, it was for the idea of having one for when the zombies come lol.

Offline Justin Hell

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sniper
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2018, 12:59:57 PM »
Yes my price was a little high, as I thought they were more scarce.  I know the supply is fixed, just not sure how much is still available in Canada.  When they were first available in Canada in the mid-90's, one could buy the trigger group for $20!  I bought one back then, wish I had bought more lol.

As for wanting a second trigger group, it was for the idea of having one for when the zombies come lol.

It sounds as if we have very similar experiences with the 90s, SKSs and cheap parts. I did exactly the same. You probably got a better deal with the exchange rate though!
Your asking price is not too far off from what many ask here now, supplies seem to be getting more scarce. If I had the extra ching laying around...I would invest in several and hang on to them for a year.  Triggers and bolts are getting quite spendy.  I used up my Zombie group four project guns ago.  I may have just made my last one.  It's certainly not as economical to do as it once was. My last trigger I got for $50 only to find out the wingnut tried to make it FA, and it required $40 in additional parts to restore. banghead1