Author Topic: '44 Colt 1911a1  (Read 3196 times)

Offline Blicero

• Always plays Bf8
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Hermann Goering is my copilot
'44 Colt 1911a1
« on: November 14, 2017, 05:54:58 PM »
In case I've never made it clear, let me say that pawn shops are the greatest places on Earth. I found this Colt a1 in a pawn shop in the culturally enlightening and lovely state of Arkansas. According to my professionally amateur opinion, it's totally correct with the original finish. It came with a '44 dated rig and an extra GI mag.

As an aside: As soon as I decided the gun was mine (which occurred the second I saw it sitting on the desk), I made sure that the pistol would absolutely not leave my hands until I was in the safety and comfort of my rental Jeep. To avoid being shot for shoplifting, I asked my partner to go grab my FFL folder from the car for me while I laid out the cash on the table. As soon as my man walks out, two slimeball neck-tattooed Rhodes Scholars enter the shop and start eying the holster and extra mag on the counter. They turn to me and see my arms crossed, Colt in hand at my side. "Can I see yer guuuun?" says Poet Laureate number one. In my head was "I'd rather jump off the Golden Gate Bridge than let your meth-twitchy booger hooks filthy up this historic gem. In fact, I'm not even sure I'd urinate on your head if you were engulfed in flames. Now please remove yourself and your wretched Nobel Prize winning associate from my field of vision." But what came out was a polite yet taut "I'd really rather you not." Gubernatorial elect number two muttered something, untermensch doctoral candidate muttered something in return, and they both walked out sulking, muttering away. I made a comment to nobody in particular that summed up my remorse and that I never meant to be rude. Thankfully the pawnmeister and an older gentleman getting his rifle scoped by the smith laughed it off and told me I played it right. There might be a moral there, likely not, you decide. I just knew that even Vishnu himself would not be removing that pistol from my grasp.

Anyway, back to it. This is likely the sexiest a1 I've ever held, and it wasn't priced for the 1%ers. My hands were shaking and my knees were rubbery for the next hour. Enjoy.

"I reject your suggestion."
-Ramcke

"You would last about an hour in Charlotte before the police were called bc you were walking around outside with a bottle of scotch and a g43."
-Ty O

"I don't appreciate you showing Nazi images. My old lady's granddad died at Auschwitz."
"I'm sorry to hear that..."
"Yeah...he fell off a guard tower."
-You Know How I Get Thomas

Regional Spelling Champoin, 6/6/2012

"Why the hell does it look like you turned into some weird trendy libtard?"
-LooseCannon

Offline MxwllBkr

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rifleman
Re: '44 Colt 1911a1
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 06:22:47 PM »
 Nice-looking rig! I know exactly what you mean about not  letting a fire arm out of your hands until it's bought and paid for ............  more than once have I walked into a shop and found that "gem" that is obviously way underpriced and taking it to the front counter hoping that the person cashing you out doesn't pick up the obvious mistake! Up here in New Hampshire none of the pawn shops carry firearms, don't know why? But love it when I go down to Tennessee and Arkansas for work!

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 07:26:00 PM »
Yup, been there done that...at least the picking it up and not letting go until I put it in my car. Haven't had to decline a request from Eastern Washington's finest scholars to take a gander at my blunderbuss (actually in Richland running into a tattooed Rhodes Scholar DSc or PhD wouldn't be that unlikely)  think1

That's a clean Colt  thumb1 Nice honest edge wear and those grips look practically untouched, the diamond points are so sharp  drool2

Offline carls sks

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 07:32:31 PM »
nice! got to start checking local pawn shops out.  thumb1
ARMY NAM VET, SO PROUD!

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2017, 11:12:25 PM »
Crazy nice pistol Kevin...   Is that a dingo?

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Blicero

• Always plays Bf8
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Hermann Goering is my copilot
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2017, 05:48:50 PM »
 :)) Nah that's just Pynchon, the lunatic foxmutt. He's become a bona fide rabbit slayer. About a month ago I was eating breakfast with a girl I was dating, when Pynchon comes in from his morning walk and drops a rabbit carcass at our feet. Very appetizing. Last week, another eviscerated rabbit was placed proudly at my feet. I don't know how or why this bloodlust started.

You made me lose a bet with myself.
"I reject your suggestion."
-Ramcke

"You would last about an hour in Charlotte before the police were called bc you were walking around outside with a bottle of scotch and a g43."
-Ty O

"I don't appreciate you showing Nazi images. My old lady's granddad died at Auschwitz."
"I'm sorry to hear that..."
"Yeah...he fell off a guard tower."
-You Know How I Get Thomas

Regional Spelling Champoin, 6/6/2012

"Why the hell does it look like you turned into some weird trendy libtard?"
-LooseCannon

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2017, 05:54:01 PM »
Why?   Is it for an R1?

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Larry D.

• Bitter, Clinging Deplorable
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Do the next right thing.
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2019, 10:09:09 PM »
Just for the "who cares file", you little beauty was proofed by Mr. Guy H. Drewry.
Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ
-------------------

Thou shalt not test me.
Mood 24:7