AK and AR > AK Family: Saiga, MAK, Vepr, WASR, Zastava, etc.

MAK-90

(1/4) > >>

Phosphorus32:
Made my rounds of the few shops in town a week ago Thursday looking for unusual SKSs, or whatever, and this Chinese AK followed me home from a pawn shop. Just a nice 1994 MAK-90 carbine with matching numbers, and without the original thumbhole stock (which actually attracted me to it).  It has a sweet double hook trigger that is the most consistent trigger pull of any firearm I've ever measured; 4lb 9oz for the average of 5 measurements with a spread of only 0.6oz between the highest and lowest measurement  :o  Had it out at the range today (with a standard 30 rd mag) and it performed well.

The 75 round drum I picked up a couple of months ago when Cope's Distributing advertised that they had a few...they were gone within an hour. More of a curiosity than an everyday magazine. Sometime I'll have to load it and try it out. Similarly for the Chinese spam can, auction a couple of months ago. I want to open it out of curiosity but it seems milsurp Chinese ammo has become collectable...so haven't decided whether to crack it open or not.

Greasemonkey:
 drool2  Oh yeah.. thumb1  The triggers are flat out the bomb on these..even the Tapco I have in my WASR aint got nothing on it. The Red Star in my PSL is close..

Now for gits and shiggles, go get the WASR and compare the two. Especially the diameter of the barrel. I know the answer.. but  ::)  :)

Don't open the ammo... sit on it and let grow  :)

newchi:
Nice.
Without the handle it would be a pain to open anyhow, just keep the ammo.

Phosphorus32:
Yeah honestly I haven't opened any spam cans of military surplus in ages.  Even formerly plentiful 7.62x54R has become precious.

Hey GM, I looked at my barrel (micrometer battery is dead) and didn't see a visible difference in diameter between the MAK and my 2015 WASR-10. Big difference between them in regard to the bolt carrier group; metal alloy and finishing work are superior on the MAK.

running-man:
Lookin sharp Jon! Very nice! thumb1

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version