Author Topic: Yugo Field expedient DMR  (Read 3676 times)

Offline MxwllBkr

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rifleman
Yugo Field expedient DMR
« on: August 14, 2017, 12:14:04 AM »
Well here's one I am very happy to add to the collection....... a Yugo Sks field expedient  DMR with a Zrak M89 scope. I believe the scope is the military version vs export version because it has Serbian writing vs English on the scope? No point in me talking to much about it as there's a good website with some info about them here:  http://www.texastradingpost.com/yugosniper/skssniper.html

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
Re: Yugo Field expedient DMR
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 11:32:18 AM »
That's a nice find. It'd be really fun to have one of those.  thumb1

It'll be interesting to get a look at the stock inlet for the rail, mounting holes etc. The rail sure has a markedly different patina than the remainder of the rifle with it's excellent bluing.

Do they make the ON-AP7,62 with English markings? I would assume the scope was purchased (It looks new. They cost around $350-400) and put onto a rifle that may have had the mount but without any scope.

Offline Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 11:47:05 AM »
 drool2

That is one sexy beast.  What type of reticle do these scopes have?

Offline MxwllBkr

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Rifleman
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2017, 12:21:07 PM »
Yes I still need to take it apart and will try to take more pictures tonight. These where not imported with any scopes but where added after the fact here in the States. Supposedly what I have read is the scopes with the English writing on the turret caps where export models, and the Serbian writing being the Military version.......also have read that the first two digits of the serial number is the year of manufacturer, this would indicate that my scope would have been built in '92. Again I'm not positive on all this, as there seems to be very limited information on these scopes........

And the scope reticle taken from the previous article:

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2017, 01:00:58 PM »
Thanks MB!  Definitely a very interesting find. Looking forward to more pics  :)

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2017, 01:53:29 PM »
Serbian Cyrillic, Serbian Roman: English translation

Горе, gore: up
доле, dole: down

лево, levo : left
десно, desno: right

Offline MxwllBkr

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Rifleman
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2017, 08:53:19 AM »
Some pictures of the stock inletting, and base/Rail attachment. I am %99 sure that The spacer block (between the receiver and rail) which is used to center the scope over the center of the rifle is Aluminum.

Sorry for the low light pictures and disorientating rug...........best I could do at 5am

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2017, 11:00:07 AM »
Interesting, thanks for the pics!  The spacer makes sense, considering the scope and mount was made for the AK with its much wider receiver.

Offline MxwllBkr

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Rifleman
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2017, 10:09:01 PM »

Finally got the scope zeroed and some rounds down range Today...This was actually my first time ever shooting from a rest for accuracy. While I enjoy shooting very much, between family, work and previously not having a good place, close by to shoot. Most of my quick shooting trips have been to check function and blast away at clay pigeons inside 50 yards. well we finally bought an old Farmhouse with 42 acres with a big field behind our house for me to shoot in..... errrrrr I mean for the kids to play in.....
I currently have a backstop built out to 100 yards but have the potential to go out to 250yrds with a little work. After getting the scope zeroed and letting the barrel cool down I Shot 6 groups of 5 shots each. I only Used Golden tiger the whole time with the Best Group measuring 2 1/4" ( pic below shows 5 shots with the center shot being Doubled up) Avg. group size was 3-3-1/2". I am slightly dissapointed in the trigger........ out of all the SKS's I have ever shot (probably a dozen or so) this has by far the worst trigger of any........