Author Topic: Albanian SKS Picture Thread  (Read 10465 times)

Offline wvsks

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Cadet
Re: Albanian SKS Picture Thread
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2017, 02:30:35 PM »
^^^^Is that ammo any good? I've been seeing it on GB quite a bit lately.

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2017, 02:59:11 PM »
I bought a few tins of it about 10 or so years ago, still have 1 sealed and maybe 1/2-3/4 remaining of another open... It's not overly terrible.. lacquer can be thick on some rounds and nothing applied to another, the cases are rough/dents are normal, some are down right ugly.. it is, considering the looks of it, not bad stuff, it always goes boom and can be shockingly accurate. I did have 1 or 2 with a loose bullet. At one time I also had some steel case Albanian, it was about the same appearance wise..it's long gone though, made the most wonderful fireballs with a carbine.

I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline cztulsa

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Cadet
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2017, 08:10:00 PM »
Holy crap echo1 - an AMX and a Sunbeam Tiger?  I wanted a Tiger since I was a teenager in the '80s (and watched Maxwell Smart climb into his).  Got a chance to sit in one some time ago, and it's a no-go for a 6'-5" guy.  Just didn't fit - especially with the hard top on. 

Got cold feet on another Alby at the last gun show, but I'm pretty sure the guy still has it, and I have his number.  Just don't want to pony up the premium this one will require, but who knows?  If it fails to sell, the price may drop to where my temptation becomes too great.  So for now, here's my 67 with a near-firewood stock (and the replacement that came with it); all numbers are 547, but the stock and gas tube are 457....someone drinking the day they built it?  Sorry about the sideways pic.