Author Topic: CZ 1981 Vz70  (Read 3369 times)

Online Boris Badinov

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sharp-Shooter
CZ 1981 Vz70
« on: December 17, 2017, 03:35:54 PM »
Picked up this surplus piece at the Philly show. Got a fair deal at 269 with 2 mags. (Classic has them for $249 handpick w/ one mag). From what I've seen of Classic' s supply this one is better than their handpicked.

1981 dated with the more discreet CAI stamp.

image hosting private

how to upload a photo on fb

...easily the worst trigger pull of any handgun I've ever owned-- the clutch on the1971 VW Bus I had in my 20's comes to mind. 

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
Re: CZ 1981 Vz70
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2017, 03:41:08 PM »
Nice!  thumb1

They're fun shooters. I don't have the 70 but I do have the nearly equivalent 50.

Online Boris Badinov

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2017, 03:54:09 PM »
I had this one on my radar for a while. But a CZ82 was the specific reason I decided to go the show this time around. I found one dealer with about 6 Cz82's, but the finish was pretty ragged on all of them, and at $339 it just wasn't worth it.

If I had the equipment and the knowhow, I would get one of the worn 82's, bead blast it and then hot blue it . Or, at the very least, re-finish it with durablue which is more like the original finish than having it parkerized or blued.

After passing on the 82's i found this about half an aisle further on.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 04:15:47 PM by Boris Badinov »

Online Boris Badinov

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2017, 04:04:07 PM »
Nice!  thumb1

They're fun shooters. I don't have the 70 but I do have the nearly equivalent 50.

I saw at least 5 of the Vz52's maybe closer to 10. Just like the one you posted about a month ago. And lots of Yugoslav Tokarevs. Im just not ready to branch out into another pistol caliber. I have too much ammo and too many caliber choices as it is already.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 04:15:18 PM by Boris Badinov »

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2017, 07:41:28 PM »
I can dig it.   thumb1

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2017, 08:27:49 PM »
I have too much ammo and too many caliber choices as it is already.
Ahhhh... :o honest restraint... Almost sound like RM... I'm not buying a Mosin... chuckles1

Is there such a thing as too much ammo and too many caliber choices? think1

I'm of the mind....the more the merrier. Even black powder and lead balls are welcome. thumb1

I like it..  thumb1 I've looked at a few, all were in the 250ish range..I might get one yet ::)
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2017, 10:39:05 PM »
I saw a couple of CZ82s at an LGS last week. The paint was quite chipped on both. I may have to take another look though. I need to bring a pulled bullet to do a muzzle erosion check, since the rifling is so hard to see on these.

You need to expand into 7.62x25, it's a great round  thumb1

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2017, 02:22:57 PM »
I saw a couple of CZ82s at an LGS last week. The paint was quite chipped on both. I may have to take another look though. I need to bring a pulled bullet to do a muzzle erosion check, since the rifling is so hard to see on these.

Usually the barrels won't or shouldn't have an issue, along with the polygonal rifling like a Glock, Cz82s have a chrome plated bore. Given the round which it uses, the odds of wearing the bore enough to erode is slim, the odds are about as great as finding a Glock with a truly worn crapped out bore. About the worst I have seen on the Cz82 barrels is pitting around the crown, which is easily cleaned up. There are also some Cz 82s out in the wild that were rebarreled by importers with standard land/groove rifling, also in the Cz 83 380acp is land/groove, while the 9mm Mak is polygonal rifling.
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem