Author Topic: Yugo PAP92 with SB-47 brace  (Read 2938 times)

Offline panoz77

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
Yugo PAP92 with SB-47 brace
« on: January 16, 2015, 09:41:44 PM »
Just got home from two weeks on the road to find my SB-47 brace was delivered along with Houge rubberized AK grip.   :)

I was having a issue with the Yugo grip and grip screw being too short because I not only have the SB-47 brace under the grip but also a sling adapter that is much thinner than the bracket on the brace.  However I felt with the two together, I wouldn't have enough threads biting to have a solid setup.  I was trying to not buy a grip and just get the 4.5 inch AK grip screw but since it was about $10 with shipping, I figured why not just go with the Hogue grip which uses a much shorter M6x1 screw.  I then went to the local hardware and bought a screw that was about 1/2 inch longer than the one that came with the grip for $0.69, problem solved and the Hogue grip was only $16.

Both the brace bracket and the sling adapter required grinding and shaping to contour with the grip and not protrude from the front, that only took about 20 minutes and then a quick cold blue touch up.

Also have a CNC warrior 4 piece flash hider installed.  Overall length is 28.5 inches with the flash hider and 26.5 without.

Even a blind squirrel occasionally finds a nut

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
Re: Yugo PAP92 with SB-47 brace
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 10:10:46 PM »
Thats a slick setup man!    I completely dig how function it appears to be.   thumb1

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 10:44:43 PM »
Nice set up!  I've never fired one of those M92s but I bet that pistol has as much bark as bite  :)

Offline panoz77

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 11:44:52 PM »
Can't wait to shoot it with the brace on "as designed"  didnt do
Even a blind squirrel occasionally finds a nut