Author Topic: Henry BigBoy in .44 Magnum  (Read 13266 times)

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
Henry BigBoy in .44 Magnum
« on: September 15, 2014, 06:14:52 PM »
Here is my first Henry rifle, the Big Boy in .44 Magnum with a brass receiver. Actually it's not a hard weapon to deal with, and is very easy to clean. I couldn't tell you how many rounds this has seen, but it's eaten a bunch, and cleans up without much fuss.  This was bought after the Marlin I had, and it's been a delight to own, a true joy in handling, smoothness and very accurate. Along with the .45-70 I recently got, I will one day replace the Marlin .357 with a Henry .357 Big Boy.
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Dannyboy53

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sniper
Re: Henry BigBoy in .44 Magnum
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 12:28:41 AM »
This is a real beauty GM, I love the Henry rifles!  thumb1

« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 12:32:51 AM by Dannyboy53 »

Offline Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 02:20:31 AM »
Great rifle...I love those things, and hope to own a Henry at some point.  Yours is gorgeous. Octagon barrels are sooo cool.  clap1

I have little experience with lever actions, proved it on Christmas...but still took out a pesky Stellar Jay with my dad's filthy old 22.  Missed after the first clumsy attempt to load it...but nailed it on the much quicker repeat shot. :)

It would be a hoot to fire a .44 mag in the same situation...and most of the mess would have just drifted away in the wind, in a pinkish purple vapor.  :))

Offline Carl in CT

• Right Wing Extremist
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Marksman
  • Violating safe spaces everywhere
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 01:48:10 PM »
Nice, that is one handsome lever action carbine! Boy would that pair nicely with my Western Marshal .44 mag! A .44 mag carbine is on my "one of these days" list. I was thinking a Marlin would do but a beautiful Henry like yours would be better! Congrats!

It's sad that the motto of young Americans isn't "live free or die" or "I regret that I have but one life to give for my country" or even "ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country". Instead their motto is "pee yourself, shelter in place and cry for help". Pathetic.

Offline Dannyboy53

• Sniper
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2015, 07:30:40 PM »
Carl that's a good looking revolver you are sporting...I agree, it would make a nice companion to GM's .44!

Offline Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2015, 07:34:43 PM »
Not as glamorous, here is the companion  :))

Offline Dannyboy53

• Sniper
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2015, 07:39:18 PM »
Serious firepower on this page!!

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2015, 10:58:52 AM »
I'm sorely tempted to get a big boy in .357 mag.

SOG has them under retail.  All the big boys I've seen (when you can even find them, Henry is odd like that) have had $750+ price tags. 

Offline Carl in CT

• Right Wing Extremist
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2015, 11:39:22 AM »
I'm sorely tempted to get a big boy in .357 mag.

SOG has them under retail.  All the big boys I've seen (when you can even find them, Henry is odd like that) have had $750+ price tags. 

Wow, good thing I'm broke. I'm not sure I like the magazine on the Henry though. I realize it is to replicate the original Henry and this is not a hunting rifle so it's probably no big deal. What a gorgeous gun though!
It's sad that the motto of young Americans isn't "live free or die" or "I regret that I have but one life to give for my country" or even "ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country". Instead their motto is "pee yourself, shelter in place and cry for help". Pathetic.

Offline Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2015, 12:43:04 PM »
Not a hunting rifle :o?  In my area I see just as many Henrys in the woods as Marlins.

One shop here carries Henry and Marlin rifles, and usually he has them priced pretty close, my Henry .45-70 would have been 9 dollars more than the equivalent Marlin, oh, sorry Remarlin chuckles1

Offline Carl in CT

• Right Wing Extremist
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2015, 01:08:29 PM »
Not a hunting rifle :o?  In my area I see just as many Henrys in the woods as Marlins.

One shop here carries Henry and Marlin rifles, and usually he has them priced pretty close, my Henry .45-70 would have been 9 dollars more than the equivalent Marlin, oh, sorry Remarlin chuckles1

It was by no means a slight on the Henry. I was thinking a rifle that pretty wouldn't be something a lot of guys take hunting but I stand corrected.

Offline Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2015, 01:14:57 PM »
I wouldn't drag it out, but shockingly, many do, and they get well protected :o

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2015, 01:18:36 PM »
Carl (GM Carl, not Carl in CT  8)), 

All you guys in the Appalachian mountains are crazy!  :o  There's no way I'd take it out in the woods if I had one.  Heck I about had a coronary when I heard Blicero dropped my ugly betty yugo on a boulder his first time out with her!  chuckles1

Offline Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2015, 01:32:29 PM »

All you guys in the Appalachian mountains are crazy!  :o  There's no way I'd take it out in the woods if I had one.  Heck I about had a coronary when I heard Blicero dropped my ugly betty yugo on a boulder his first time out with her!  chuckles1

You'uns need to understand, to some, it's just a purdy rifle, to others it's a tool, like a hammer, a way to feed the need, the need to feed. chuckles1   Crazy and Appalachian mountains in the same sentence is kinda demographic profiling, some of us are more adjusted than others, especially when we wander outta the hollars and come down off the ridges.  Look at the wonderful things we gave the world, bluegrass, Nascar and moonshine thumb1 rofl2 rofl2

« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 01:41:11 PM by Greasemonkey »

Offline Carl in CT

• Right Wing Extremist
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2015, 01:56:05 PM »
I found this video of the band at GM's family reunion this summer:

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2015, 02:00:08 PM »

You'uns need to understand, to some, it's just a purdy rifle, to others it's a tool, like a hammer, a way to feed the need, the need to feed. chuckles1   Crazy and Appalachian mountains in the same sentence is kinda demographic profiling redundant, some of us are more adjusted than others, especially when we wander outta the hollars and come down off the ridges.  Look at the wonderful things we gave the world, bluegrass, Nascar and moonshine thumb1 rofl2 rofl2

Fixed it for ya GM

Offline Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2015, 02:03:00 PM »
Bah!!! bat1

I'll catch you both behind the barn at some point :o   bat1 bat1   chuckles1

Offline armedhippie

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
  • Love your family and keep your powder dry.
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2015, 06:09:58 PM »

You'uns need to understand, to some, it's just a purdy rifle, to others it's a tool, like a hammer, a way to feed the need, the need to feed. chuckles1   Crazy and Appalachian mountains in the same sentence is kinda demographic profiling, some of us are more adjusted than others, especially when we wander outta the hollars and come down off the ridges.  Look at the wonderful things we gave the world, bluegrass, Nascar and moonshine thumb1 rofl2 rofl2

Crazy? What, a man can't burn trash, while cleaning a SxS 12 ga, when doing his "business" on a toilet up on cinder blocks in the front yard, while yelling at the dogs to shut up at 3 am without being judged?!?

Just like those weird looks I was getting at walmart the other day, when pushing that shopping cart full of 25 lb bags of sugar. " Hey... maybe I just really like Kool-aid" and Just because my hollar's booby-traped from ridge to ridge...doesn't mean their not out to get me.  eyeball1 silly1 silly1

Check this guy out. When the prison Doc's done fitting my 1st cuz's new dentures, Ima gonna have him play at my wedding...

If yall every come through my neck of The Blue Ridge Mountains, stop on by, we'll open up a mason jar, throw another tire on the fire and shew tha dog off the "guest couch" in the yard.  thumb1

Hippies are like stray cats...Feed 'em once and they never leave...then they stink up your couch.

Offline Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2015, 06:31:10 PM »
Save a jar for me and fill the washer machine sitting on the front porch with ice and beer  :P thumb1

City folks ::) they just don't understand   rofl2

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2015, 06:37:46 PM »
If yall every come through my neck of The Blue Ridge Mountains, stop on by, we'll open up a mason jar, throw another tire on the fire and shew tha dog off the "guest couch" in the yard.  thumb1

Laff, I love you too hippie!  I had forgotten how close you live to Carl!   rofl2