Author Topic: Yugo M59 C-series recent pick-up  (Read 10230 times)

Offline edrod68

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Cadet
Yugo M59 C-series recent pick-up
« on: December 28, 2017, 11:20:07 AM »
New here, but wanted to share my recent pick-up of a Yugo M59 C-Series.  Saw it listed under used guns at a local-ish dealer and snapped it up as soon as I saw the pics online.

Picked it up yesterday (2+ hour drive one way to get there) and was not disappointed in person.

Enjoy...

Offline carls sks

• Sharp-Shooter
Re: Yugo M59 C-series recent pick-up
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 11:22:25 AM »
nice find, beauty.  thumb1
ARMY NAM VET, SO PROUD!

Offline edrod68

• Cadet
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2017, 11:44:47 AM »
Thanks.... honestly was not in the market for it, but when the opportunity presented itself (and at the price they listed it for) I could not resist.....

First M59 I have seen for sale in a looooooong time....

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2017, 09:11:30 PM »
Does the bayo have a dull grey finish?    ....  Don't look like it...

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline edrod68

• Cadet
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2017, 09:19:41 PM »
Yes, it is dull grey...the camera flash made it brighter....

Offline edrod68

• Cadet
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2017, 09:22:41 PM »
Funny enough I was looking on Gunbroker tonight to see what M59s are going for now and came across my rifle' s slightly older brother....one # prior to mine...

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/732379584

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2017, 09:44:07 PM »
You know that consecutive serials will add a premium to the set....  Right? 

Totally outweighs the the GB rifle being too high.

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline edrod68

• Cadet
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2017, 10:03:34 PM »
Trust me...I am trying to find a way to make this happen....

Offline newchi

• Marksman
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2017, 10:05:01 PM »
You know that consecutive serials will add a premium to the set....  Right? 

Totally, plus it gives you a good excuse to always be looking but rarely buying

Offline edrod68

• Cadet
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2017, 10:10:01 PM »
Question is, do I bid on it, or use the Buy-it-now??  How over priced is $800 for a nice M59??

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2017, 10:24:20 PM »
Pretty neat find!  Consecutive yugos are not terribly rare though.  $799 is ridiculous for an M59. At least $300 if not $400 overpriced in my opinion.

Offline edrod68

• Cadet
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2017, 10:30:28 PM »
Thanks for the info....I might wait and see if it doesn't sell first go around and maybe he will be more reasonable with the price the second go around

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2017, 12:24:42 AM »
I would guess a matching pair would add a combined $350 to the set?  I guess it doesn't 'far' outweigh.

RM reminds me that in the Yugo world.... Consecutive is more common place with the influx of consecutive crates.

Offline Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2017, 07:24:51 AM »
Sweet...I would be tempted to get the consecutive one...it was also nice to show the wife what folks are asking for them.  :o
I didn't tell her how off base that asking price is though. Letting her see one priced for more than double what we paid a month ago...priceless. rofl

Mine is nearly 400 rifles later than yours....but doesn't look quite as nice. It does sport the handguard that looks to be from a completely different species of tree like yours.  It sat for years, got marked down and the wife made a ridiculous lowball offer that ended up only going up twenty five bucks. I was embarrassed at what she offered.  It was on consignment...all said and done I would think the seller just walked away with no profit.

Honestly I was shocked to still find it..I had wanted it for some time. Luckily the city planners totally whiffed on the section of town where the shop is...it is less traveled because it is just a pain in the neck to get to that side of the street. They have quite a few cool milsurps in there...I am glad it is hard to get there enough to keep me out of trouble. There is a beautiful 59/66A1 there...but the seller has lofty ambitions like your Gunbroker guy.

I wonder if your guy has had to relist that...it is pretty astronomically out there in price. Perhaps explaining the situation with the serials would convince him to get a little realistic on a price, and you settle privately and can skip some fees.  It would take a pretty significant reduction in price to get into the neighborhood though....I would say it is about $300 overpriced...in a gun panic price market...which, it isn't. 

The value of two consecutive ones is kind of more bragging rights than what you might get over the standard value should you sell them. Buying two guns at once takes out a lot of the market. I have five rare guitars out of a run of only 123...two of mine have the same serial... I cannot get a premium or even an offer on them....but a totally different market, kind of.  Another of them has the lowest serial known, and another has no serial at all...I have those four NIB waiting for the right buyer....it has been about eight years.  cry1 

I would be tempted to overpay up to $500 to have consecutives...and I would hate myself for doing it. M59s are pretty uncommon...and more are very unlikely to hit the US market..if the already all haven't.  It would be SO cool if you could make that happen though...:)

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2017, 10:12:47 AM »
I would guess a matching pair would add a combined $350 to the set?  I guess it doesn't 'far' outweigh.

RM reminds me that in the Yugo world.... Consecutive is more common place with the influx of consecutive crates.

I will say this, the odds of Ed finding a consecutive gun to his own while just randomly searching Gunbroker are pretty high...like win the lottery high.  The two guns likely started out in the same crate, were separated at retail and now have the possibility of coming back together.  Is that worth a $350 premium?  Some would say so, others no way.  At the end of the day, both are standard likely refurbed M59s with a current going rate between $300 and $400. 

Maybe talking to the seller like Justin says would help grease the skids?  That gun isn't going to sell at the BIN and likely won't get a single bid for several auction cycles.  I don't know that I'd tell him that I had the consecutive mate though; it's one more thing for the seller to use as leverage in the negotiations.  Maybe go over the merits of the gun itself (bluing wear, stock dings, condition of the bore, etc.) and see if something closer to $400 is a more reasonable price you both could agree on.  thumb1

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2017, 12:04:17 PM »
All good points.   I likely get a bit over exited when I hear 'consecutive' ....  Anything.     :))

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2017, 12:07:44 PM »
Very nice refurbed M59!  thumb1

RM is right, and he's cheap like me  :)) but if I had an M59 just one number removed from another, I might go $500 to make a consecutive pair.

"Lottery high", I like that...in other words, low probability...this is likely your one shot at it, although the other flanking number may be out there somewhere.

Offline Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2017, 12:30:45 PM »
The poor guy just got here and he already has so many devil's advocates.  rofl2
No fractures have been reported after arm twisting has happened here in the past.

Lottery high...love it, but would compare just casually looking around and finding a consecutive one like Cheech bought a lottery ticket and rolled one up with it high.

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2017, 01:08:02 PM »
Cheap?!  Why I aught-a... bat1

(Very accurate analysis of me Jon, it's why I have crummy looking guns, I can never justify paying $50 more for VG grade or even shelling out another $10 for handpick that may or may not give me a better looking firearm! rofl)

I suspect our enabling natures could loosen up one's pocketbooks some when it comes to a consecutive #'d set like is possible here.  I think I could even be persuaded to go $500 on this one myself if I was in Ed's shoes.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2017, 03:50:48 PM »
Pft.....   Says the guy with the most sexy m59 around.