Author Topic: My AR15  (Read 8351 times)

Offline Dannyboy53

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sniper
My AR15
« on: March 22, 2016, 12:47:46 AM »
Recently my AR15 in 7.62X39mm came in. A Palmetto State Armory carbine similar to Mary's but mine is a slickside. ASC mag with Wolf black box 122 gr FMJ worked without a hitch however my shooting was off a bit. Got about a 8" group at 100 yards at a local range. I'll work on it, just an off day!

But it functioned without a hitch, going bang at each trigger pull with no FTE. I'm lovin it!

PSA protects them pretty well when they ship arms/parts

Switched to a carrying handle sight a few days ago.

This is what I do best. I just got home from a 5 day stay at a hospital in Lake City. Damned diabetes
started acting up and now I'm on insulin...ahhh...the Luck of the Irish. But I can still load & shoot!

Not "hot dog" shooting but it's a dead Zombie anyway! The bullseye was my aiming point.

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
Re: My AR15
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 04:18:54 AM »
I like the looks of the new AR!  The traditional carrying handle sight is a nice touch  8)

I wouldn't complain about that shooting, especially the first time out with a new platform. 

Looking good Danny, and by the way...STAY OUT of those dang hospitals!  :)) Seriously, glad you got the medical help you needed but even more glad to see you outside again  thumb1

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 08:00:55 AM »
I agree with Jon on all points!  Looks like a winner to me, you'll dial it in soon enough when you have enough rounds through it to figure out her tendencies.  thumb1

I'll definitely second the stay out of the hospital portion!  Glad to see you're out and about again!  Fresh air and a bit of exercise are invaluable.  thumb1

Offline carls sks

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2016, 09:09:12 AM »
nice!!!!!!!!!!!!! PSA is one of my favs to buy from (shipping can be slow, but I'm never in a hurry so no big deal). box in a box works great too. have those handles on my AR's too, luv them.  thumb1
ARMY NAM VET, SO PROUD!

Offline Dannyboy53

• Sniper
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2016, 09:25:49 AM »
Thanks guys, I'm having fun with it!

Offline bbush44

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Marksman
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2016, 11:54:37 AM »
Looks good Danny, thanks for checking in.

Offline MATAZOMBIE

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Cadet
  • Only GOOD guys w/guns stop BAD guys w/guns!
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2016, 07:55:58 PM »
Hey Dannyboy,

The 7.62x39 upper from Palmetto State Armory will probably be my next purchase.  I have purchased from them before and as has been stated, they are slow but the wait is worth it.  Praying for your full recovery, don't over do it, and take it easy.  God Bless!!
I would rather live my life believing in God, and upon my death discover that He doesn't exist, than to not believe and upon my death discover that He does!!!

Offline xtriggerman

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Cadet
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2016, 11:37:42 AM »
Hey, nice Ar build. I never liked the forward assist on these guns either. Sorry to mix a health note in here. I tried to PM you but it wouldn't go.
 On another note, after you mentioned you just started getting insulin shots, I thought you should watch this vid I recently stumbled across. Dr Perlmutter claims he has reversed type 2 diabetics. I have allways found alternative med doctors the ones to watch. They have the balls to get away from big Pharma's lock on our bank accounts. Its a bit long but fascinating. I now buy "PRO 15" on amazon and take it every few days. Its claimed the best to get past the stomach acids. My Dad had Diabetes also way back.
  Oh Mercola has a web page with a bunch of vids on a range of illnesses. Eye opening stuff of an "alternative Dr,"
 Be Well & enjoy the AR!

Offline Dannyboy53

• Sniper
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2016, 06:53:27 PM »
Thanks again fellows, xtriggerman I have never had any use for a forward assist, never used it on those rifles I was issued. I do wish PSA had left the deflector however as I am a southpaw. Gotta get one of those clip-on deflectors to keep the brass off my right cheek!

I haven't taken the time to watch this vid but you got my attention with it. Diabetes is a pain in the backside and if there is any chance of reversing it as one of my daughters did then I'll try it! Thanks for the Links.

MATAZOMBIE we really like the 7.62X39mm in our AR's, simplifies things logistically with the SKS carbines we have laying around.

Brian is your AR still working okay? I'm gathering up the ASC 20 round mags for ours, they work real good it's just hit or miss in finding the danged things! I've been getting ours at   http://gunmagwarehouse.com/asc-7-62x39-ar-15-20-round-stainless-steel-magazine.html?___SID=U   for $14.99.

Offline bbush44

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Marksman
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2016, 02:37:13 PM »
Brian is your AR still working okay? I'm gathering up the ASC 20 round mags for ours, they work real good it's just hit or miss in finding the danged things! I've been getting ours at   http://gunmagwarehouse.com/asc-7-62x39-ar-15-20-round-stainless-steel-magazine.html?___SID=U   for $14.99.
Danny, I've got right around 600 flawless rounds through my AR47 now. No issues so far. I am also pretty close to finishing up my AR-10. Thanks for the heads up on the mags.

Offline Dannyboy53

• Sniper
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2016, 03:13:45 PM »
Brian those are just cooler than a popsicle buddy! I'm glad to hear it's working so well for you, can hardly wait to hear how the AR10 works too! We ordered four more ASC 20 rd magazines from 44mag.com today, I think this will make 4 apiece for us, I will order some more later.  Their mags are $16.25 but they have a flat rate shipping charge of $5.00 in the Eastern U.S., I believe it 's $10.00 for the Midwest.

Offline sksmcrossvilletn

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Marksman
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2016, 07:34:09 AM »
Nice,

I gotta building one of these. My buddy has an anderson lower he's wanting to sell.