Author Topic: Well, here we go again. Canada copied our G3/1 adapter.  (Read 15672 times)

Offline 1mlt

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Marksman
Well, here we go again. Canada copied our G3/1 adapter.
« on: July 13, 2015, 10:50:56 AM »
LOL, this will flame out pretty fast we think. While they copied our G3/1, they did change how it attaches. BUT, in a bad way. They drilled out/tapped the body and added a set screw. That imparts a vertical or lifting moment on the weakest part of the adapter, the locking tab.

MagWedge will be offering our G3/1 and the G9/A very soon.
info@magwedge.com

https://www.sevensixtwosystems.com/store/p1/SKS_Magazine_adapter_Kit.html

Had to happen sometime. I kinda surprised it didn't happen sooner.

Marcus
There is but one language in the USA, English.
Teddy R.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
Re: Well, here we go again. Canada copied our G3/1 adapter.
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 10:57:50 AM »
Why would you want a system that removes the crossbolt?   dead2

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline 1mlt

• Marksman
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 11:33:20 AM »
Why would you want a system that removes the crossbolt?   dead2

On ours we cut a 'groove' in the bottom so the cross bolt stays in.

Marcus
Teddy R.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 11:37:42 AM »
Right..   Good call.

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline sksmcrossvilletn

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2015, 07:35:17 AM »
LOL, this will flame out pretty fast we think. While they copied our G3/1, they did change how it attaches. BUT, in a bad way. They drilled out/tapped the body and added a set screw. That imparts a vertical or lifting moment on the weakest part of the adapter, the locking tab.

MagWedge will be offering our G3/1 and the G9/A very soon.
info@magwedge.com

https://www.sevensixtwosystems.com/store/p1/SKS_Magazine_adapter_Kit.html

Had to happen sometime. I kinda surprised it didn't happen sooner.

Marcus

So sue the piss out of em! I think you remember I called them out on facebook a week or so ago. They got really defensive! You posted on the thread!

Offline sksmcrossvilletn

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2015, 07:40:44 AM »
I do like the magazine release but the mag adapter is almost an exact copy of yours!

Offline 1mlt

• Marksman
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2015, 09:59:03 AM »
I do like the magazine release but the mag adapter is almost an exact copy of yours!

And we have a plan for this as well. Details next week.

Marcus
Teddy R.

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2015, 05:37:06 PM »

Marcus

You know something like that mag release would be nice on its own for any detachable mag whether the duckbill is cut off or not. Not sure how it would work with the angle if the duckbill were still in place though. I imagine it would be okay.
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline 1mlt

• Marksman
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2015, 06:25:47 PM »

Marcus

You know something like that mag release would be nice on its own for any detachable mag whether the duckbill is cut off or not. Not sure how it would work with the angle if the duckbill were still in place though. I imagine it would be okay.

GG, it won't fly if the db is still there. The db hooks under the rear site trunnion and the mag then latches with the mag catch on the trigger assy. The only way (off the top of my head) is to put a bar that pushes the mag catch rearward when you pull the 'release'. But the adapter IS the duckbill.

Marcus
Teddy R.

Offline Nitro1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2015, 07:26:04 PM »
Hey Marcus you need to get your head out of your ass! I have been doing research on your claims and found them all to be false! You slam to many people for ideas that are not yours they are things you just refined but didn't invent.  Your G3 adapter is not your's it was invented by cobray back in the 80's you just tweeked it alittle and used the Internet to exploit it. There was no internet back then and no cnc computerized machines to mass produce to make it cost effective to be sold until a few years ago. Soooo not yours at all! Your AR mag adapter for the Sks you stole from a Canadian design! So we don't even have to ague that one. Hi cal who you slam, did admit to using the design they got from a Canadian! Lol. Not you! Oh as for patenting we have yet to see that, many people don't now how a patent works. One rule they have is that if and I mean if you design something and then advertise it to the public you have one year to file for a patent on that particular item. After that year is up your patent claims with be denied period . You my friend are far beyond that . You publicly announced that G series in 2010. Little late bud! Since you filed in 2014. They will take your money and !denied! Sorry! If you prove me wrong with a patent number for those items then so be it. But I doubt it. You really need to grow up and stop slamming other companies, it's a big world! stop crying so much like a baby and just sell your ****. It's good product but you cry to much. As for the other guys making the almost same stuff you have no worries at all! He just blowing smoke!
Cheers

Nitro

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2015, 07:53:19 PM »
We have a crap-ton top-notch guys here including 1mlt.  If your only intent joining this forum board was to flame/troll Marcus and borderline break our house rules, then I suspect your post will not last long given Marcus is the Moderator of this (his) section.

Offline Nitro1

• Newber
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2015, 08:40:17 PM »
I am not on here to bash him , just tell the truth! He bashes all kinds of companies for simply tweaking old ideas which are not his claims so he claims. I am on here to list to new and iteresting ideas and products . But listen to this crap about people stealing his stolen ideas ?! Come on! Lol the true hurts and it is the truth period.   Marcus slams other company's ! That's bad business . I don't see them doing the same. I see lots of defence but no one slaming his product ! Just his attitude . His product is great just like the others, but no less and no more.  To bad he can slam othe people and others can't speak the truth.   I'm done the truth is the truth period. Can't handle it oh well. People can slam me here all they want but I don't care. Means nothing .

Cheers
Nitro.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2015, 08:52:44 PM »
Why would the person doing the copying "slam" the designer?  Lol

I read all the CGN posts...  He simply stated his position and many guys went ape-**** for him even having a position in the first place.  How dare anyone have an issue with their R/D being copied.. Right?   I mean,  there is integrity and then there are people that want something no mater what the circumstances. 

What 'dog' do you have in this fight?    Why are you complaining about his design being made IN CA under license for half the price of the pirated unit? 

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2015, 09:08:23 PM »
First post, first line, and
Hey Marcus you need to get your head out of your ass!

What a way to enter someone’s house, do you enter your friends house, what about yo mommas house that way, no Hi, I'm Nitro1, no nothing, just bla bla bla and a instant case of the ass. 

Just keep flapping those moose butt slurppin lips and you'll find yourself on the outside looking in. I will take it upon myself to make it like you never existed, kinda like every post made over yonder about the subject, Your whiney research conducting ass will be deleted, your posts, deleted, we can play the disappearing post game as well..  Take your Canadian designed toy copy and ever so kindly go intercourse yourself with it.

Bless your heart bat1 bat1

I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2015, 09:18:47 PM »
^ that right there is how you reply to a nasty post.

" go intercourse yourself with it..." CLASSIC!  rofl

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2015, 09:41:07 PM »
Here is the meat/gravy.

G3:

The cobray IS very dif on many levels and, wait for it.....  NOT CURRENTLY IN PRODUCTION.  Expired patents and nobody making.. Hmmmmmm

G9:

You think a Canadian designed the G9 and HiCal copied a Canadian unit?  I call BS

Straight from HiCals mouth..

Offline 1mlt

• Marksman
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2015, 10:21:45 AM »

Hey Marcus you need to get your head out of your ass! I have been doing research on your claims and found them all to be false! You slam to many people for ideas that are not yours they are things you just refined but didn't invent.  Your G3 adapter is not your's it was invented by cobray back in the 80's you just tweeked it alittle and used the Internet to exploit it.

Yes, Cobray did TRY and develop an adapter. It was attached by drilling and tapping the trunion to hold it in place. It also used a Cobray designed mag. Both were 'plastic'. Also, it did not work well. While I don't need to defend our G3 to you, I will. I NEVER knew who Cobray was until AFTER we designed/released the G1/1 to the market. Our G3/1 is a refined G1/1 which we designed in 2008. We kept the geometry of the G1 body and added the "Z" shaped locking piece. Not mods to the rifle. No drilling the stock. Simple 'drop-in install. Totally different look and attachment process. NO d/t required. That alone would negate your claim we "copied" the Cobray design. All it would take is a 10% change in the design to 'skirt' the patent infringement laws. Again, having said that, we didn't know who Cobray was. And there are the laws of Physics that state, "form follows function, function follows form". All the adapters MUST be similar in design, IF, they are going to work correctly. How many 'drip' coffee pots makers are there in a Wallmart? They ALL do the same thing, drip coffee, but in some different way to avoid the original "Mr. Coffee" design.

There was no internet back then and no cnc computerized machines to mass produce to make it cost effective to be sold until a few years ago. Soooo not yours at all! Your AR mag adapter for the Sks you stole from a Canadian design! So we don't even have to ague that one.

Our G9 predated the Canadian one. It was called the G7. Try Youtube and see the G7 in action. Our video is dated October 30, 2010. The one you refer to has the release on the front left. Ours is right rear. His uses unmodified mags. Ours uses modified mags. His requires mods to the rifle. Our does not. Ours attached differently from his as well. His is very different from ours. And again, there is the 10% rule and form follows function. We can debate who took what from whom, but I won't. And he did not file a Canadian patent on his design. Therefore his is not protected. But we didn't copy his either.

Hi cal who you slam, did admit to using the design they got from a Canadian! Lol. Not you!

That Canadian they got it from purchased it from us. HiCal Dave admitted that to me on the phone. Our customer took our adapter to Dave and said, can you make one of these? Again, that is an admission from HiCal Dave. I won't publish our customers name as we don't do that. All customer information is kept private. Perhaps you should call HiCal Dave and ask him a few questions about how "they" came up with "their" design? HiCal Dave admitted to me he took our adapter to his guys and asked them to "make me one of these". If you are truly interested in 'investigating' falsehoods, do some more 'investigating'.

Oh as for patenting we have yet to see that, many people don't now how a patent works. One rule they have is that if and I mean if you design something and then advertise it to the public you have one year to file for a patent on that particular item. After that year is up your patent claims with be denied period . You my friend are far beyond that . You publicly announced that G series in 2010. Little late bud! Since you filed in 2014. They will take your money and !denied! Sorry! If you prove me wrong with a patent number for those items then so be it. But I doubt it. You really need to grow up and stop slamming other companies, it's a big world! stop crying so much like a baby and just sell your ****. It's good product but you cry to much. As for the other guys making the almost same stuff you have no worries at all! He just blowing smoke!
Cheers

Yes, we filed for the G7 in 2010, but abandoned that design. Step one is to secure a 'placeholder, while development is still ongoing. That is what we did, but let it expire on the G7 as we decided NOT to take that design to market. We redesigned it, and called it the G9. That patent application, (the placeholder), was filed with the USPTO in 2014. THAT is when the 1 year clock started for the new G9 design. We filed round 2 after 11 1/2months to be under the 1 year sunset. We DO have the paperwork back from the USPTO. They have "accepted" the patent application and are reviewing it. We were cautioned NOT to release that application number to the public until a "determination" has been rendered to PREVENT copyright infringement. We copied no one design. It is our design. If you doubt me, go to my section in the SKS Survivors boards and check the threads and DATES. Read for yourself if you are intent on doing "RESEARCH". Arm yourself with facts, not falsehoods.

Marcus

Nitro
Teddy R.

Offline Nitro1

• Newber
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2015, 11:32:38 AM »
Lol. It's funny how you try to fool people. You're doing a pretty good job. Lol

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2015, 11:50:04 AM »
Lol. It's funny how you try to fool people. You're doing a pretty good job. Lol

Your astonishing revelations and fact-based research is severely lacking any credible substance.

Seems to me that you just ran out of ammo in an false accusational stick poking attempt.  We don't ban people here for a lack common sense, but your getting 70 points for vilation of house rules 1, 4, and 7.   Your warning status will be publicly displayed under your user name, and your posting ability will be revoked for several days. When your able to post again... Dont break the rules, Its that simple.

Please read the rules...
Forum Rules in Rules - Page 1 of 1
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 11:55:53 AM by Loose}{Cannon »

Offline 1mlt

• Marksman
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2015, 01:18:28 PM »
I should lock this thread, but I won't. I want to 'see' how it plays out. Thanks for the support guys.

Marcus
Teddy R.