Author Topic: just pulled the trigger on this upper pistol kit  (Read 4552 times)

Online 1mlt

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Marksman
just pulled the trigger on this upper pistol kit
« on: February 04, 2015, 12:42:39 PM »
http://daytonatactical.com/

http://daytonatactical.com/collections/complete-ar-15-pistol-kits/products/11-5-ar-15-complete-black-pistol-kit-no-lower-unassembled

$448.00 with shipping.

I have a Anderson lower in my safe that has been sitting for some time untouched. I've been wanting a AR pistol for several years as well. Finally decided to take the plunge. The kit comes complete with the buffer, tube and spring as well. No sure if I'll add the SBX grip yet. Will post pix and review after it arrives.

Marcus
There is but one language in the USA, English.
Teddy R.

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
Re: just pulled the trigger on this upper pistol kit
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2015, 03:29:13 PM »
That's cool!  I've never fired an AR (or AK) pistol.  I've seen...and HEARD  :o ...the M92 AK pistol at the range....not a stealth weapon and they look like a bit of a handful.  Seems like a pistol chambered in 5.56x45 would be more manageable but I imagine a good muzzle brake would still be helpful.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 07:49:07 PM by Phosphorus32 »

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2015, 07:44:45 PM »
How does that work when making an AR pistol. Do you have to re-certify the Lower as a pistol receiver instead of a rifle receiver?
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2015, 09:28:40 AM »
Never heard of Dayton before... Interesting.  Looks like they have some kewl stuff.

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Online 1mlt

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Marksman
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2015, 11:44:50 AM »
How does that work when making an AR pistol. Do you have to re-certify the Lower as a pistol receiver instead of a rifle receiver?

GG, I never completed the build of the lower. The ATF says, IF, you first build it as a pistol, it is a pistol, No need to register it as an SBR and get the stamp. I checked with my FFL and he marked it in his book as "other". SO, I can legally build it as a pistol. And, I can pin a rifle upper on it and go back to pistol and that's also legal, (if I'm reading the regs correctly).

Marcus
There is but one language in the USA, English.
Teddy R.

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2015, 12:45:31 PM »
Sounds like a clear case of ATF clear as mud regulations. rofl
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.