Author Topic: JW-8  (Read 3445 times)

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
JW-8
« on: June 05, 2018, 10:41:36 PM »
Honestly I don't know if this is a true military trainer or a trainer for high school cadets in the age of Mao, but the 1966 date suggests it's not a commercial rifle made for sale to the US and I don't think your average little red book reading citizen of the People's Republic of China in 1966 was able to buy it at the corner hardware store. So I stuck a helmet in front of it and posted it in the "Milsurp Rimfire" forum  :))

More confessions: it was listed at an auction as "Unknown Maker .22 Military Training Rifle" but I saw the target emblem that made me think of blue box Russian match ammo and the stock wood and SN that made me think Chinese and decided: "what the heck, I'll toss out a $150 ($172.50) max bid". That was sufficient, so here it is.

Texted GM some pics after the auction with a  ??? look on my face.  He immediately knew the model and that it was reverse engineered from, a Brno Model 1. 

Anyhow, here it is. Anyone with more information, please chime in, because I haven't found much on the internet.

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
Re: JW-8
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 11:07:08 PM »
So I stuck a helmet in front of it and posted it in the "Milsurp Rimfire" forum  :))

That's classic right there! thumb1

Man I need to keep my eyes open, between you and GM snagging all these rimfire deals I'm starting to get an urge to buy something I don't need!  rofl

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 11:15:54 PM »
So I stuck a helmet in front of it and posted it in the "Milsurp Rimfire" forum  :))

Man I need to keep my eyes open, between you and GM snagging all these rimfire deals I'm starting to get an urge to buy something I don't need!  rofl

“Don’t need”?! What kind of talk is that?  ???  rofl

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2018, 11:24:04 PM »
We wants it......we needs it!!!  drool2  pretty please 'ol buddy 'ol pal.. I won the game of i.d. my rifle. rofl2

Not a whole lot of info out there on them... But, I think it takes the same magazine as all of mine... The Cz 452 22lr should fit with minimal fitting. Usually an actual Norinco branded magazine will cost you 2 Cz mags, or more.

Also... Check and see something, since you won't send it to your favorite turd,  rofl2 check the twist rate on the rifling. I bet it's different than the regular 16 to 1 twist rate.   Also, is it a 20 or 22 inch barrel?
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2018, 11:34:25 PM »

Don't need.... What kinda blasphemy are you speaking son?   I think you need one, you just don't realize it yet thumb1
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2018, 11:44:13 PM »
I think I’ll keep it  think1  :)

Thanks, I’ve had my eye on a CZ mag just to have an extra.

I haven’t measured the twist rate but the barrel is 580mm (22.83”)