Author Topic: We have a new POLYMER G/3 adapter !!! Almost ready to go out the door.  (Read 4010 times)

Offline 1mlt

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Marksman
Well, sort of. We now have a prototype made from polymer. It works very well. Took 2 years to tweak it. Basically looks like the G/3 with a change to the "Z" shaped locking piece. It is white as that is the only color the high heat polymer comes in. My ONLY concern is that if you go all out "Rambo" with several 30 round mags it MAY soften. For 99.0% it will do just fine. It's 'bubba' we are concerned about. WHAT IF, we put out a statement that "warns" of this potential issue. We are looking at 50.00 for the Polymer G/3 (maybe 49.95?), 30.00 each for modified Tapco 20's or ProMag mags 30's plus 10.00 S/H. Of course, you can modify your own mags.

Installation time likely 20 mins max if you have 2 left hands. No permanent mods to the rifle. Depending on the type stock, there may be some inside "opening up" required. This will not show on the outside of the stock. We do recommend the drop free bolt mod though.

Does this "new" G/3 generate any interest from you guys? Do any of you want to be a 'beta tester'? 

Let me know please.

Thanks
Marcus
There is but one language in the USA, English.
Teddy R.

Offline Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
Re: We have a new POLYMER G/3 adapter !!! Almost ready to go out the door.
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 02:04:56 AM »
I would beta test for ya...I don't mind chopping up my promags or tapcos to do so...
I have always been tempted...
I have a new project gun that can live in either wood or plastic...and already has a drop free bolt going. 

Is heat under rapid fire the concern?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 02:16:41 AM by Justin Hell »

Offline 1mlt

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Marksman
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 08:45:10 AM »
I would beta test for ya...I don't mind chopping up my promags or tapcos to do so...
I have a new project gun that can live in either wood or plastic...and already has a drop free bolt going. 

Yes, we melted the first few we tried. Not actually turned them into liquid, but they got really soft and deformed. Send me a complete mailing address. I'll send you one and a modified mag. Take good notes and send send it back with the notes. I want to see how they are same/different from ours. OK?

Marcus
There is but one language in the USA, English.
Teddy R.

Offline Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 02:49:01 AM »

Yes, we melted the first few we tried. Not actually turned them into liquid, but they got really soft and deformed. Send me a complete mailing address. I'll send you one and a modified mag. Take good notes and send send it back with the notes. I want to see how they are same/different from ours. OK?

Marcus

PM Sent, is the plastic color issue a permanent problem?  I have some weird adapter that I am certain was along the lines of yours, it came in an odd SKS parts lot but required drilling and tapping the receiver, it is a kind of fat lip pink/purple...and I think they used to use a Zytel? magazine system that was for that adapter. I only kept it for a conversation piece...and well there that went, now I can pitch it.  chuckles1

I assumed there had to be a reason for it to be such an odd color.

I see the mags for it pop up now and then, maybe some other SKS nerd will want it. rofl

I look forward to helping out.