AK and AR > AK Family: Saiga, MAK, Vepr, WASR, Zastava, etc.

Romanian WASR 2

(1/5) > >>

Greasemonkey:
I wanted, ok, had the hankering, err, was lead astray to try a new commie caliber, the 5.45x39. Being true Romanian :o didn't help my temptation any either, as I haven't managed to sniff out another Romanian SKS. It's basically the 1974 revamped version of the Ak47, the round that has also been called the "Poison Bullet"

I dug around and found a sweet bundle for a pretty decent price locally. Came with 3 goodie goodie Russian Ak74 bakelite mags, guess he threw the original away. Also to round out the bundle was a tin and almost a half, 1680rds of Bulgarian 7n6 surplus, the carbon copy of the Russian stuff, that has been since banned, and the spam can opener thumb1. The rifle is an actual Romanian build, typical rough finish work, the sights have a real slight rightward cant, but there was no mag wobble. All of that is since forgiven, like a typical Ak, function triumphs form, I admit it.. it kind of impressed me with the two magazines worth I put through it. The previous owner had installed a Tapco trigger group, which was a sweet addition, it shot perfect, and was shockingly accurate in the distance I was messing with. One other difference I do notice and did like, is almost no muzzle rise and very low recoil when compared to an Ak in the x39 round.

Maybe...... I should have just broke down and got one earlier  chuckles1

spongemonkey:
Nice GM!   thumb1
One other thing you may want to consider is changing out the sheppards hook pin retaining spring for a Tapco pin retaining plate that more securely locks in the pins where at times the sheppards hook at times will allow them to walk outwards of the reciever.  The Tapco is very inexpensive and relatively easy to install.

carls sks:
congrats, looking good.  thumb1

Phosphorus32:
Nice package man!  thumb1

You need a nice Romanian contract VZ24 to go with your SKSs, WASR-10, WASR-2 and TTC. You probably already have one tucked away.

MxwllBkr:
sweet Rifle! does that have an upturned bolt handle? I just sold my Sar 2 to help pay for that Yugo LB you all made me get  chuckles1  now Im looking for another to fill its place......... I really love the 5.45 round  thumb1

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version