Author Topic: Value of NIB SKS Detachble  (Read 7370 times)

Offline firstchoice

• Ozarks Ridge Runner
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • "The Rolling W"-A.E.F. 89th Division-WW1-1917-1918
Re: Value of NIB SKS Detachble
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2017, 11:45:51 PM »
Welcome to the board Armyrn33! I'm a bit late to this thread and missed all your SKS-30 pics, except for the pic of the 3 mags. Any way you could repost those pics? I always like to ogle a nice Beta Arms SKS-30! Nice blond wood and smooth as silk. Is the wood still unblemished? Any "handling marks", as they say? Usually dings from sticking them in a gun safe without a gun sock. I never take mine out of the box. (except to fondle and take an occasional pic, of course)

Neither of my NIB (Beta Arms) SKS-30's came with a Beta Arms marked Owners Manual. I've looked high and low, but nyet! I can't imagine Beta Arms shipping out those kits w/o a manual. Possibly just used a generic with no company name? Maybe? May never know, for sure.

My two cents on worth? First, try to sell to a true believer.   :)   And don't take anything less than a $1000.00, preferably into the 1200-1300 range. I believe padams8888 holds the current record on SKS-30 auction sale price! Thing is, Mark, they're becoming fewer in this condition by the day. We see so many that have been Bubba'd and just sad to look at. I literally play taps many times while cruising the auctions. Hold onto it until you get what you want, unless you're needing to turn it fast.

And, please let us,(ME) know when and where you decide to sell that "old piece of Chinese junk"!   :)  You'll entice a bid, or two , from me. ;)  Of course, this is all conjecture until I can see pics of your fine Chinese work of art!  I could be a bit more precise about value if I could see the condition and pics.

Have you looked at the end of your cardboard carton that holds the styofoam divider? On one end should be a white tag/sticker with Beta Arms inventory info, and the SKS-30 designation is there on that tag. If the tag's there, please try to ensure it's survival. Most boxes apparently didn't survive and the ones that did sometimes lost the inventory tag. It's a definite credit to Power Surge and XXXSKS in sorting out al those corrected model names, dates, and order of import by year.

Looking forward to seeing your pics of the SKS-30, hopefully.  popcorn1

firstchoice

Offline Armyrn33

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2017, 10:30:26 PM »

Thanks to everyone's hospitality and information sharing, its been enlightening with allthe info. I do not have a manual as well. I have an oiler bottle on order for it. I apologize for the picture's missing from the first post:(  I will definitively place a post up when it goes for sale. I purchased this knowing that it was a rare 1 off version with few numbers produced.It is in mint condition, with no rds fired thru it. I had spotted it on the shelf of a Kansas city gun shop my dad and I had visited.. I have 4 polytech AK mags as well, 2 used and 2 new in the wrappers swell. Enjoy the pics and please let me know if anyone has more questions.. Everyone have a great day...

Online Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2017, 10:44:49 PM »
Lookie....  Says sks30 on the box label.   8)

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Power Surge

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Commercial dude
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2017, 10:49:50 PM »
That's a beautiful SKS-30. I don't know if I'd call it RARE... they made over 8000 of them, just through Beta Arms alone. But, the market is the market, and they have been jumped up in price in the past year.

On the topic of the oil bottle and the manual....

Two versions of oil bottle have been seen coming with Beta Arms SKS-30s. A round white oil bottle, and a rectangular green oil bottle. There does not seem to be a pattern to what bottle came at what point in time....but only those two bottles have been seen in NIB versions.

As for the manual, Beta Arms did not have their own manual. Beta Arms SKS-30s came with China Sports manuals.