Author Topic: Value of NIB SKS Detachble  (Read 7372 times)

Offline Armyrn33

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
Value of NIB SKS Detachble
« on: June 26, 2017, 02:05:19 PM »
Hi,
I'm new and wanted to say greetings to everyone. I have a NIB one of the first series of 6600 detachable mag SKS, which is #838. This gun is well documented in history here. I purchased this from a gunstore in Kansas city in the summer of 86. I am looking at possibly selling it to a loving home and wanted to get collect ability and a reasonable asking price. I am a retired disabled army nurse and want to be fair to my fellow gunners... Thanks for any help. Pm if any info needed. Take care..

Offline spongemonkey

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Marksman
Re: Value of NIB SKS Detachble
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 02:10:49 PM »
Welcome to the forum!  I wish I could help on putting a value on it but, I cant.  Hopefully someone else who can will be along shortly to help you on that.  And also, thank you for your service!

Online Boris Badinov

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 03:39:49 PM »
Its a Beta Arms imported SKS-D. Pre ban carbine.

That's a sweet carbine you got there.

The serial number indicates that its dated to 1988 -- so maybe you've mis-rememered the date of purchase. But I'm guessing you got a killer deal on it when you got it. You don't see them in that condition often.

It's a pretty wide open price range-- depends on the determination of the buyers and where you post it-- but I'd say $800 minimum up to the $1300 (not really absurd range and possibly higher).

Experts, what say ye?

Go here and look for the sks-d in the spread sheet:   http://sks-files.com/index.php?topic=1607.msg19084#msg19084

and here for some detailed info on yer model of sks carbine:   http://chinesesks.weebly.com/d.html

lucky, lucky, lucky

Online Boris Badinov

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2017, 03:49:42 PM »
Do you have all the accessories and manual/pamphlet that came with it?

Also you say "NIB"-- why in the world have you never fired it for almost 30 years?

Offline padams8888

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Marksman
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2017, 03:50:43 PM »
I would say that price range is right in the ball park......find the right buyer or buyer(s) and hope they get in a bidding war.....if you put a Buy It Know option on there.....don't put it too low....AND Welcome!

Online Boris Badinov

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2017, 04:00:51 PM »
I would say that price range is right in the ball park......find the right buyer or buyer(s) and hope they get in a bidding war.....if you put a Buy It Know option on there.....don't put it too low....AND Welcome!

padams8888--

The mags alone are worth about 75-100 each? Or am I mis-remembering?

Boris B.

Offline Armyrn33

• Newber
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2017, 05:02:58 PM »
As far as date you are correct it was 89 ;(  What you see is what came in the box, I have looked and found a new manual I'll get for it. As far as not shooting it I have a Polytech legend i use, so really no urge to use what I knew was going to be a rare item. I have a NIB  Navy Arms carbine that I have as well, box, invoice from 89. I need help with identification, and worth etc. I had a FFL back then when it was easy to get hence the variety of guns Ive had, now older they should go to someone like you all for enjoyment..

Where is the best place if I want to place these for sale? Thanks for the replies and interest, i appreciate it, I have an original NIB 75 rd drum in a wrapper for the D. Mark

Offline padams8888

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2017, 05:25:00 PM »

padams8888--

The mags alone are worth about 75-100 each? Or am I mis-remembering?

Boris B.

No....those are just regular flat back ChiCom mags.....even NOS they are currently going for $30-$35. If they were chrome follower polytech mags....yes.

Offline padams8888

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2017, 05:26:50 PM »
Do you have the scope and mount for the N.A. Paratrooper?

Offline Armyrn33

• Newber
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2017, 05:29:56 PM »
No didnt come with one, at the time I never questioned it sadly, you can barely tell it has navy arms stamped into it,so I dont know if it was a very early model or late..?

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2017, 05:46:11 PM »

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Power Surge

• Sharp-Shooter
  • Commercial dude
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2017, 06:04:16 PM »
Welcome to the forum, and to the Commercial Chinese section Armyrn33  8)

That's a gorgeous rifle you've got there. I would say, given the past 6 months or so of Gunbroker sales, that your rifle would be worth between $750 and $1100. Most of them that we see for sale are in excellent shape. Ones without boxes have been selling in the $750-$900 range. The original box and accessories usually adds $100-$200 onto that price. But of course, we all know it just comes down to how many people want your particular gun at the time  :)

Does your rifle have the stripper clip groove in the bolt? Most of the early Beta Arms versions did. The ones I have on file with serials before, and after yours, all have stripper clip grooves.

Let's all also try to stop the bad habit of calling this rifle an SKS-D. That is in improper term. The proper model for this rifle is the SKS-30. The SKS-D is what Midwest Ordnance called their in house made version of the SKS-30.

As for your other SKS, it looks like a Navy Arms standard paratrooper. However, in the one pic, I think I see the end of a scope mount. Can you get a better pic of that?

Online Boris Badinov

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2017, 06:39:59 PM »
Ah, yes--

My bad. I'm not as up-to-date on the commercial variants. But I read the posts and research that came out last winter regarding terminology.

Powersurge is the resident expert on the commerical variants-- and he is correct.

It's a SKS-30.

Offline Armyrn33

• Newber
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2017, 07:28:56 PM »
Thanks Powersurge for your help,nice to be home in a sense ;) Yes I chesked the SKS 30 does have the stripper clip insert into the bolt.  The Navy arms does have the rail on the left side to mount a scope. The stamp on the paratrooper is the the same as post #9 http://sks-files.com/index.php?topic=2111.0, An oddball, not quite sure where it came from?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 07:37:08 PM by Armyrn33 »

Offline Power Surge

• Sharp-Shooter
  • Commercial dude
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2017, 08:10:13 PM »
Thanks Powersurge for your help,nice to be home in a sense ;) Yes I chesked the SKS 30 does have the stripper clip insert into the bolt.  The Navy arms does have the rail on the left side to mount a scope. The stamp on the paratrooper is the the same as post #9 http://sks-files.com/index.php?topic=2111.0, An oddball, not quite sure where it came from?

You're saying you have a B-west import stamp on that paratrooper? I can plainly see the Navy Arms import stamp on there....

Offline Armyrn33

• Newber
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2017, 09:08:35 PM »
Correct its Navy arms but the arsenal stamp is from the gun in post #9 from running man ?916 / 946...

Offline Power Surge

• Sharp-Shooter
  • Commercial dude
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2017, 09:17:31 PM »
Correct its Navy arms but the arsenal stamp is from the gun in post #9 from running man ?916 / 946...

Your arsenal stamp is /26\. Your gun is a 7 mil serial. It would have been built at Jianshe (/26\).

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2017, 11:08:18 PM »
Welcome to the boards ArmyRN, glad to have you here. I can't add anything beyond what's already been discussed except to say that your SKS30 is beautiful.  The May Gunbroker sales figures are not done yet (I'm running way behind!) but PS's and Boris's estimates are both probably pretty close to what we'll find.

The Navy Arms paratrooper is quite nice too. Do you still have the original 10 round magazine for it? 

Offline Armyrn33

• Newber
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2017, 07:38:00 AM »
Thank you Power Surge for the interpretation of the arsenal stamp for me :) As well Running-Man for your work, I look forward to the spreadsheets, Interesting info on the movement of SKSs, yes I do have the original magazine for the trooper here..

Offline carls sks

• Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2017, 08:24:00 AM »
hi Army and welcome. good to have you here. sure is a beauty.  thumb1
ARMY NAM VET, SO PROUD!