Author Topic: A New Commercially Bubba'd SKS  (Read 14509 times)

Offline Luke2236

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rifleman
A New Commercially Bubba'd SKS
« on: January 21, 2017, 09:44:13 AM »
The "Scorpio SKS-15", just recently went on the market up here.

This is based on a SKS receiver in an aluminum modular chassis with a flat top picatinny with keymod slots at 3, 6 & 9 o'clock. It accepts XCR-L magazines and features ambidextrous AR15 style magazine release. Barrel has been threaded & cut to 18.5" in length. It also comes with AR15 pistol grip and M4 buttstock and is lighter than a SKS by half a pound.

Canadian...eh!

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
Re: A New Commercially Bubba'd SKS
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 10:25:48 AM »
Kinda cool... But weird

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Luke2236

• Rifleman
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 10:47:37 AM »
Kinda cool... But weird

I hear ya....I want to like it, but.....well not really my cup 'o tea.
Canadian...eh!

Online 1mlt

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Marksman
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 10:52:15 AM »
That AR mag adapter sure looks familiar !!!! I'm assuming this is a Canadian item?

For those interested, look up USPTO Patent No: US D774,617 S, dated Dec 20, 2016. It is mine.

Marcus
There is but one language in the USA, English.
Teddy R.

Offline Luke2236

• Rifleman
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2017, 11:09:40 AM »
That AR mag adapter sure looks familiar !!!! I'm assuming this is a Canadian item?

For those interested, look up USPTO Patent No: US D774,617 S, dated Dec 20, 2016. It is mine.

Marcus

Sold up here, not sure of origin of manufacture though.
Canadian...eh!

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2017, 11:20:27 AM »
Looks like a two part sandwich construction and the mag part is incorporated into and part of the entire body.

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Luke2236

• Rifleman
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2017, 12:35:56 PM »
Looks like a two part sandwich construction and the mag part is incorporated into and part of the entire body.

Vid makes it a little clearer...

Canadian...eh!

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2017, 01:36:59 PM »
Im sure glad to see him protecting himself from infectious disease by wearing those rubber cloves.... he may also get a hangnail or dirt on his thumb!

Offline newchi

• Marksman
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2017, 01:40:08 PM »
I saw this a few weeks back, it like hey guys get your very own sks for 3 times the cost of an sks but none of the pretty wood or history. ::)

Offline Luke2236

• Rifleman
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2017, 01:45:40 PM »
I saw this a few weeks back, it like hey guys get your very own sks for 3 times the cost of an sks but none of the pretty wood or history. ::)

Pretty well sums it up for me too yup.
Canadian...eh!

Online 1mlt

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2017, 02:12:55 PM »
Buy our G9/A for 225.00 and put 575.00 back in your pocket. It attaches to the rifle. You don't have to hog out the mag well either.

Marcus
Teddy R.

Offline Power Surge

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Commercial dude
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2017, 08:25:29 PM »
That's pretty neat actually. It's nice to see people still coming up with quality ideas to alter the SKS after all these years.

I really like that they incorporated the AR mag into the design. Pretty much covered all the bases of modernizing the SKS.

Online 1mlt

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2017, 09:08:52 AM »
That's pretty neat actually. It's nice to see people still coming up with quality ideas to alter the SKS after all these years.

I really like that they incorporated the AR mag into the design. Pretty much covered all the bases of modernizing the SKS.

Our G9 also incorporates the AR mag at a far lower cost. Ours also, "pretty much covers all the bases of modernizing the SKS".

Marcus
Teddy R.

Offline Power Surge

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Commercial dude
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2017, 11:00:54 AM »

Our G9 also incorporates the AR mag at a far lower cost. Ours also, "pretty much covers all the bases of modernizing the SKS".

Marcus

Marcus...  I know that you are sensitive about your mag adapter, but this thread has nothing to do with your adapter. This is a stock that incorporates a removable magazine, and uses an AR-15 mag release. This is nothing new. There are many other brands out there that make stocks that add removable magazines to guns that didn't have them. Your adapter is unique in how it attaches to the gun and that is your design, but you did not invent the removable magazine. It's just rectangular hole with a spring loaded release. The hole obviously has to be the size of the mag being used, and the release being used is a design that's been used on millions of other guns for decades. Nothing has been stolen from you.

As far as your adapter covering all the bases of modernizing an SKS, I'm pretty sure your adapter doesn't allow the user to use an AR style stock, AR style grip, picatinny rail, or keymod hand guard.

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2017, 11:28:51 AM »
Marcus...  I know that you are sensitive about your mag adapter, but this thread has nothing to do with your adapter. This is a stock that incorporates a removable magazine, and uses an AR-15 mag release. This is nothing new. There are many other brands out there that make stocks that add removable magazines to guns that didn't have them. Your adapter is unique in how it attaches to the gun and that is your design, but you did not invent the removable magazine. It's just rectangular hole with a spring loaded release. The hole obviously has to be the size of the mag being used, and the release being used is a design that's been used on millions of other guns for decades. Nothing has been stolen from you.

As far as your adapter covering all the bases of modernizing an SKS, I'm pretty sure your adapter doesn't allow the user to use an AR style stock, AR style grip, picatinny rail, or keymod hand guard.

Agreed 100% Sal.  It's a very unique design which incorporate much more than just a removable AR style magazine.  The teardown on this sucker is an uber PITA though.  Pull multiple bolts, pop out multiple pins, even have to unscrew the flippin mag release button just to be able to get to the guts for cleaning??!?  It looks like an AR but it'll never be an AR (or an SKS for that matter) when it comes to ease of cleaning that's for certain!  ;)

I wonder if these guys are the same guys that Murray talked about way back in 2014.

I see more differences than similarities to be honest, but the whole aluminum framed 'stock' isn't a new concept for certain.

Online 1mlt

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2017, 11:42:21 AM »

Marcus

PowerS, I'm not looking for a fight here. Ours "incorporates a removable magazine, and uses an AR-15 mag release" as well. That is all I'm referencing here. I never said anything was stolen. I said it looks familiar. All I'm suggesting is our G9 will allow AR style mags to be utilized in your SKS for 575.00 less cost. And guys, take note, a mag held in place with just the stock is NOT a good idea. We tried, we couldn't make it work consistently correctly. Just consider how well a optic holds/returns to zero on your SKS platform. No amount of screws will anchor that stock 100% to the SKS. Even with the AR platform, the mags are anchored to the receiver, not the stock. The anchor point(s) must be to the rifle. If that stock moves even a few thousandths of an inch it may not feed. Notice, I said "may not". A lot depends on tolerances of each individual rifle. Yes, it is a slick design. Is it worth 800.00? Not to me at least. Any video of the actual system/setup running?

Marcus
Teddy R.

Offline Luke2236

• Rifleman
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2017, 02:05:26 PM »
Haven't seen any vids of them yet Marcus.

P.S. that $800 price tag is in Canadian $ - or aprx 650 in US $.
Canadian...eh!

Offline Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2017, 02:08:29 PM »

Online 1mlt

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2017, 06:00:19 PM »
Haven't seen any vids of them yet Marcus.

P.S. that $800 price tag is in Canadian $ - or aprx 650 in US $.

Ah yes, hadn't considered the rate of exchange. OK then, 425.00 back in your pocket. That's a LOT of mags and ammo.

Marcus
Teddy R.

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2017, 06:07:48 PM »
Looks like that's out the door price for the "whole" rig.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/12/01/new-scorpio-sks-15-arrives-canada/
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem