Author Topic: This had to be purchased.. or I would have hated my self for a very long time!  (Read 2920 times)

Offline xtriggerman

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Cadet
  Back in October I once again got an 03FFL. Aside from a lack of funds, I really don't have anything in the must have bucket list column. Living dangerously, Iv been known to browse the GB C&R listings on occasion (sorta like having unprotected sex). Well, who can resist the dream world of a Luger holding at $500? I clicked on it. Now every one knows that Luger will close at something that wont be anywhere near the 5 bones it had 5 days out from the gavel. But I clicked on it anyway. Here is the specimen in question.

This particular Luger is a 1906 model that was produced as a 5000 gun contract for the Brazilian Gov. This one is more than likely made in 1908 or early 1909. Its all original & matching numbers with a mint bore. This condition is rather about as good as it gets since these guns saw hard service. Now all that is more or less bla bla bla to me since I never wanted anything too nice to shoot and I figured Id run into a rough mix master someday to play with but here is the kicker. Back in Feb of 88 when I was graduating from the state Corrections academy, I watched them call us up front for our badge presentation one by one. All the guys were getting these brand new 14-1500 numbered bright gold badges, then they called me up there and they hand me this badge in a new case but it didn't look like all the others, mine had the bright gold rubbed off all the high spots and the rest was more like a dull silver gold and the number on it was 1259. Looking at it, I thought now that's a coincidence... if you add the first two numbers together, you get my birth day and the 59 is my birth year! That Badge served me well over the 25+ years I had it. In all that time, my knees and elbows never had to try n dent a concrete floor! Being a might bit superstitious,  now you know..... the rest of the story. Closing at $1150 + 25 to ship C&R direct, I think I got a hell of a deal.

Offline carls sks

• Sharp-Shooter
congrats, it was meant to be. another one for my wish-list.  thumb1
ARMY NAM VET, SO PROUD!

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
Great story and great pistol! Congratulations!  thumb1

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
You stole it!!!

Looks awesome... Shoot it yet?

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline xtriggerman

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Cadet
 Thanks guys. I don't have any ammo for it  :( This puppy is 30 Luger. Iv got a few K 9mm's and I cant bring myself to swap the barrel out for a 9mm since its not the mix master I thought I would some day have. A mint condition Brazilian is claimed to be worth $4000 !  One in this condition rates about $2K-$2500 from what I gathered on the net. Maybe Bilcero can chime in on if I got those numbers right. PPU runs about 22 bucks a 50 round box shipped. Iv read that these are typicaly more accurate than the 9mm guns with the lower pressure 30 cal rounds. I'll post up a 25 yard target once I get some ammo.

Online echo1

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
Sweet xt,

The earth, the moon , the stars were in conjunction on that one. P08 & Broom handle are on my bucket list. PAX
  You need a crew  

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),
But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798