Author Topic: Magazine loader  (Read 5517 times)

Offline Dannyboy53

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sniper
Magazine loader
« on: July 27, 2016, 04:11:50 PM »
In my quest for a faster means of reloading our ASC 7.62X39mm magazines, I have yet to find anything that blows my skirt up. I ordered two of these plastic loaders from a firm in Canada a while back and they work good. But they are plastic and one recently broke, however the vendor is sending me a replacement.

I decided to pick up one of these for $5 at a gun show Sunday in Live Oak, Fl and see if I could modify it to fit our mags. It's made to load AK magazines but is only slightly larger (by 1/8 inch in depth & width) than our ASC mags.

In all the crap I have around here I was able to locate and cut-to-fit two 1/16th inch thick pieces of sheet metal to use as spacers inside the body of the loader. Now I get a perfect fit and even without them being anchored in place I was able to load two stripper clips into the 20 round magazine.

I decided to try JB Weld (steel) as all parts are mild steel. I clamped the spacers in place and will leave them until sometime tomorrow then go from there. Gotta work on the front to back dimensions now. If it doesn't work, I'm only out five bucks, I can live with that.  vroomvroom

I'l let you know if it works okay  think1....or ends up in the trash pullhair1 

BTW, suggestions are very welcome!

Offline sksmcrossvilletn

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Marksman
Re: Magazine loader
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2016, 04:33:45 AM »
I was told a regular ar mag Lula loader would work. Was I told wrong?

Offline Dannyboy53

• Sniper
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2016, 07:47:41 AM »

All I can tell you is I emailed the question of whether it would work or not to NcStar (info@ncstar.com) and their reply was their loaders would not work on my AR/ASC magazines in 7.62X39mm caliber.

Offline sksmcrossvilletn

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2016, 05:07:27 PM »

All I can tell you is I emailed the question of whether it would work or not to NcStar (info@ncstar.com) and their reply was their loaders would not work on my AR/ASC magazines in 7.62X39mm caliber.

Try a m4 Lula mag loader

Offline Dannyboy53

• Sniper
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2016, 05:53:37 PM »
We have looked at that one, may yet try it but so far it hasn't rang our bells!  8)

Offline sksmcrossvilletn

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2016, 04:45:16 AM »
The reviews on this one says that it works with 7.62x39 and 6.8 spc rounds to speed load them as well in the reviews. You care to be our board guinea pig and try it out?

http://www.primaryarms.com/ml556/p/ml556/

Offline sksmcrossvilletn

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2016, 04:46:32 AM »
The reviews on this one says that it works with 7.62x39 and 6.8 spc rounds to speed load them as well in the reviews. You care to be our board guinea pig and try it out?

http://www.primaryarms.com/ml556/p/ml556/

I know it shows out of stock on the primary arms sight but it can be bought elsewhere I'm sure.

Offline Dannyboy53

• Sniper
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2016, 06:20:35 PM »
You must have stock in this company or you're getting a commission on sales...maybe both?

Offline sksmcrossvilletn

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2016, 04:06:51 AM »
How about neither