Author Topic: GB listings for May, 2015 - Romanian  (Read 3191 times)

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
GB listings for May, 2015 - Romanian
« on: June 09, 2015, 02:00:14 PM »
Three months in and I think I've finally hit my stride.  Only 2 Romys this month.  Pathetic.  $400 low, $515 high, $457.50 avg.

Please let me know any feedback (good or bad) to these.

-RM

Item Link   Description   # Bids   Final Price   Year   Arsenal Condition   Current Condition   RM's Notes

485030895   Romanian Cugir SKS Model 56 Rifle   3   $400.00    1960   Refurbished   Good   Decent looking Romy.  Too bad about the trigger group mismatch and lack of leather sling though.

482457078   Romanian SKS 7.62x39   16   $515.00    Uncertain   Uncertain   Fair   Spitting image of a Sino-Banian here as far as wear and usage.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 11:02:17 PM by running-man »

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
Re: GB listings for May, 2015 - Romanian
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 11:03:44 PM »
I like the sellers comment on the elm-stocked Romanian "There is also some blueing wear on the metal." ... or maybe:

"There is also some bluing wear on the metal." Yup, fixed it  :))

Kidding aside, I do like the looks of that one.

Offline firstchoice

• Ozarks Ridge Runner
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • "The Rolling W"-A.E.F. 89th Division-WW1-1917-1918
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2015, 03:52:39 AM »
  http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=482457078  Buyer is sure a trusting old soul. Not a single clear pic of any of the SN'd parts that are supposed to be matching. (you could flip a coin on the buttstock pic, but it's not a clear pic of the SN.) Seller doesn't mention the difference between the bolt carrier and the bolt. It may well be all matching and good for him if it is. I wish I had an all matching Romy. Some of these GB ads are amazing with the lack of quality pics or any pics at all, in some cases.

I like the sellers comment on the elm-stocked Romanian "There is also some blueing wear on the metal." ... or maybe:

"There is also some bluing wear on the metal." Yup, fixed it  :))

chuckles1

firstchoice

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2015, 07:07:12 PM »
You know FC, I hadn't even noticed that those photos were that bad.  I stuck it in the "Uncertain" year (pretty sure it's a GH prefix which would place it in 1959, but the photos simply aren't good enough to state that with certainty) as well as "Uncertain" Arsenal condition (I highly doubt that stock matches too). 

Even still, it really didn't sink in how terrible this set of photos was on this listing.  I guess if there are so few listings out there at any given time, they will sell regardless of condition or knowing specific details such as the year and whether it's all matching or not!  silly1 

Offline firstchoice

• Ozarks Ridge Runner
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • "The Rolling W"-A.E.F. 89th Division-WW1-1917-1918
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2015, 02:05:41 AM »
  I remember seeing an auction the other day that you mentioned in particular, that was vaguely described and had a whole ONE picture with the rifle standing in the corner, at a distance where nothing was identifiable. Other than it was a Type 56. Seems like the price was $400.00-$500.00, too.
  Many Sellers would do much better if they spent some actual time and effort in their presentation. A good clear layout with close-ups of the important areas that Buyers, and especially, the Collectors, are looking for/at would make GB and any of the other sales sites much more interesting.
  There are a few Sellers on there that have really nice pic ideas and layout systems going for them. You mentioned one the other day, but I can't remember the Sellers GB name. His layouts were worth taking notes on for future use.
  I like outdoor pics, but that's not always possible. So I'm trying different indoor lighting with various types of bulbs for indirect lighting. Now, if I can just find a place in the house besides my Kitchen countertop or the Kitchen table to use for my "layout" space!  :)
  Thanks for all your efforts on these reports RM! So easy to look through the previous month's offerings of any particular Type 56 a person is watching out for. Much appreciated!

firstchoice